Interview...Now waiting!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by DFWbound, Apr 12, 2010.

1. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

Apr 12, 2010

I don't normally post but I had an interview last Monday. I was the first their interviews since I happened to be in town. The interview went really well. It was a third grade teacher, fourth grade teacher and the principal. It was very relaxed, in fact, they didn't have to ask many questions because they got most of their answers through conversations. I thought it went really well. The principal said they had more interviews on Friday and would let me know this week either way if I made the second round of interviews. As she walked me out, she said I did a great job. I'm hoping that means she really liked me.

I know its only Monday but I'm starting to get nervous!!! I really hope this one works out!

3. texjess2010

texjess2010 Companion

Apr 12, 2010

Congrats on the good interview! That's always a good feeling and very encouraging to be told that you did well. Fingers crossed for you!

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Apr 12, 2010

Good Luck! We would love to have you in the DFW area!

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Apr 12, 2010

Did you already you a thank you?

6. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

Apr 12, 2010

Yes! Sent a thank you the very next day....she should have gotten it by Thurs or Fri!

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Apr 12, 2010

Glad to hear your interview went well. Fingers crossed for you.

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 12, 2010

Glad to hear the interview went well! I hope you hear good news soon/1

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 12, 2010

Good luck!

10. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Apr 12, 2010

I'm crossing my fingers for you too. If the principal said that, I have no doubt you made it past the screening! Good luck! :)

11. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Apr 12, 2010

This sounds very exciting! Good Luck and keep us updated!

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

But DON'T sit around by the phone. Get going on MORE applications, just in case.

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 13, 2010

Yay! Sounds promising...hope you hear good news soon. I want to add more people to our jobs list!!!

14. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

Apr 13, 2010

Praise the Lord! I got the call today that they want me to come back for a 2nd round for either a 3rd or 4th grade position! so I have two interviews on Friday afternoon! I am so excited. It is hard to keep my mouth closed at my school right now because no one knows I am wanting to leave....So I am praying this one works out!

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2010

YES!!!!

Congrats!!

16. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Apr 13, 2010

Awesome!

17. mistah

mistah Rookie

Apr 14, 2010

It sounds extremely promising....but as hard as it is right now....apply at other places....pretend like this didn't happen and go on with it...that way...if nothing comes from it, you won't be disappointed...but if u get a call....you're all set....I'm not saying not to think bout it b/c that'll be impossible, just don't lose sleep over it and kno if u don't get it...there's a reason...if u do...there's a reason...i had an interview in which a school flew me down (out of their pocket), to interview....everything seemed all set, but by some fluke i didn't get it....it turned out to be the right thing...was i bitter? yeah for about a day....did I waste too much time in b/w worrying and wondering about it? You bet (about a week)...this goes to show u that there are no guarantees...and the best thing u can do is pray, move on, and hope to hear something...but keep movin whether u do or u don't!

18. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Apr 14, 2010

Just wanted to say...good luck....

Well...I wanted to ask how do you get around not telling your P that you are looking. Even before I was non renewed I wanted apply to other schools but the application in the county said I had to have a supervisor fill out a reference form. My P would have known I was looking.

19. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Apr 14, 2010

Good luck. You never know you might end up at my school in the DFW area. That would be a good thing. Our district is one of the the most progressive and highest paying districts in the state. So proud!

20. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

Apr 14, 2010

I have already told the principal at the school I am interviewing at that my principal does not know yet because if I do not get a job in DFW, I would not mind staying their and since we haven't signed contracts, I don't want to ruin anything. She was very understanding and told me she would have to talk to her if she does hire me but would let me know so I could give my principal warning ahead of time.

As far as looking for other jobs, I am still doing that as well! I have a screening interview with another district on Saturday! no sitting around waiting for me!

21. nenupharvn

nenupharvn New Member

Apr 14, 2010

Health care interview questions

Hi, you can find this info by using search box in the top of website.

Best regards

nenupharvn

22. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2010

Good luck! That's awesome to have so many interviews lined up:)

23. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

Apr 16, 2010

So both of my interviews with the teams went great! I didn't have a chance to speak with the principal afterwards though as she was busy. But as soon as I came in, she gave me a hug...so that was encouraging!
    And of course....I get the phone call for these interviews on Tuesday and the district goes on a hiring freeze on Wednesday. I don't know how those work as far as if they have to replace a teacher can they hire? or is it only if they are adding teachers do they have to wait? No idea....I was told that if I get any other offers to call this school first because they might be able to by then. So crossing my fingers! I'm about to send a thank you email! (did a handwritten one la)st week!

24. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Apr 16, 2010

I think that in a hiring "freeze" situation there will be movement between schools - first - so that the district ensures that every teacher under contract has a position for the following school year. But after that, there will be positions no matter how lean the district decides to go. It happens all the time. Fingers crossed for you. I know that is a tough position to be in!

25. texjess2010

texjess2010 Companion

Apr 16, 2010

I agee --that does sound like a tough situation -- FOR EVERYONE THAT DIDN'T GET AN ENCOURAGING HUG:) Sounds like everything went great -- congrats on a good job and I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!! :)

26. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

Apr 16, 2010

Thank yall so much! She just emailed and said as soon as the hiring freeze it up....she will contact my principal! and after that we should be good to go! I am so excited!!! Not sure what grade yet though....guess after she talks to my principal she will let me know!

27. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Apr 16, 2010

Awesome!! I hope it is not premature to say congrats! :)

28. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 17, 2010

Sounds good! I hope the freeze is lifted soon!

29. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 18, 2010

I hope the hiring freeze is done soon, too! How exciting!

30. DFWbound

DFWbound Rookie

May 8, 2010

Well almost a month later, I just got the BIG email that the hiring freeze is lifted!

Now...Here comes the hard part....telling my current principal so that my new principal can call her as a reference. And of course, Monday won't work due to schedule issues so I have to wait until Tuesday!

Thankfully it is a city to city move and the main reason is that I would rather live in DFW. I am still nervous about telling her though and she has no idea I was even considering leaving. So this should be interesting!