Interview next week...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by WhatchaDoin?, Jul 8, 2010.

1. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

This is my first interview of the the year for...an educational assistant's position.

I've had a lot of contact with the school over the past year, so I feel more confident than usual concerning this interview.

Two days ago, I was thinking about how thankful I would be if I got any call. Now, I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't able to interview for even one teaching position. I feel like I'm being an ungrateful kid on Christmas morning.

So, I keep reminding myself of all of the good things. I am sure when and if I get the job, once I start working with the kids, I'll really be happier and more at peace with the position. I absolutely love the school, so I know I will be working with great teachers who are great people, as well.

So, please cross your fingers, send good luck, pray, etc., that I will ace the interview, get the job, and really do my best for the kids, the teachers, and myself. Thanks!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 8, 2010

You will, on all counts. I know it!

4. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 8, 2010

Good luck! I don't think you're being ungrateful. I think it is natural to want a teaching job. :hugs: Hopefully getting our foot in the door at this school will lead to bigger things! At the least, it will give you a wealth of opportunities to use for your interviews next year. :thumb:

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 8, 2010

I would go in with a positive attitude and let them know that you are interested and excited about getting a job of any kind. It would be wise to let them know that your ultimate goal is to find a teaching position. You might be surprised, if something opens up unexpectedly, they might remember that comment and slip you right in. It happens all the time!

6. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 8, 2010

Good luck! go in there and just be confident in your abilities and know that each interview affords you the opportunity to grow a bit more in your skills!!

7. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

Good luck with your interview, BubblySub!

8. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

Thanks, all! I'm getting a little psyched thinking about having a set routine. I'm also thinking about my new name for A to Z - if it all works out! ;)

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2010

Good luck!

10. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Jul 12, 2010

The interview has been cancelled - "in school transfer."

Deep down, I must have really wanted this job. I am crushed. Will be filling in my paperwork today to return as a sub.

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2010

I am so sorry Bubbly!

12. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2010

I'm so sorry... Fingers crossed something else opens up...

13. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Jul 12, 2010

Thanks - it's so nice to be able to post on here. This was the job that I knew I had a chance at landing, and had known about this job since mid-May. I also know my chances are limited - I live in a rural area and am limited to a 50 minute driving distance because of childcare. I felt like someone had pulled the plug, and all the air in me went "thffpppt!"
    But, I shoved the stopper back in, so to speak, and I’m trying to fill back up with positive energy. I just shot an email to another county, just making sure my file has not only the necessities, but any extras they may foresee. I really just wanted to give my file a bump, maybe the attention would come at the right time. I had a response within 20 minutes – nothing extra needed, but they are still hiring.
    Thanks A to Zer’s, for being here!

14. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 12, 2010

Ugh! I'm so sorry BubblySub! :hugs:

15. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2010

I'm so sorry. Hopefully something else will open up for you.

16. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2010

Did you email the HR department for that county or the P or AP at the school itself? It may be worth your while to email the P your resume and CL and see if you get any bites... :)

17. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 12, 2010

yes, I agree! If you could email your resume and CL to the P's in that county then you may get a foot in the door for an interview. It worked for me and the job they were interviewing for was not even posted on their county website.

18. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Jul 12, 2010

My apps. went out the beginning of April. At the beginning of June, I snail mailed resumes and cover letters to the schools within driving distance. I got one post card response, and nothing else.

I'm just worried that after a while, my plusses start to fade in their minds. It's silly, but I keep trying to stagger things to keep the ball rolling.

In my area, pretty much all elementary jobs aren't posted, because the schools are knee deep in apps.