Interview Monday for but not really qualified

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tripletsteacher, Jul 31, 2008.

1. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Jul 31, 2008

Well, I called back the school that left a message yesterday. The principal was not in. I left a message with the secretary. My kid's principal called me today and asked me to come in for an interview Monday for a reading teacher position. It is half time, but I do not have my reading endorsement. It would be for K-3 working with the struggling readers. How do I incorporate my portfolio into this? I would love this job because a new school is being built and teachers will be needed next year. This is my foot in the door. He almost gave me the 4th grade job there this year, but the resource teacher took it. I even attended a Michael Heggerty workshop last week with this principal. He was the only one from the school that went. I sat right next to him for 8 hours. I think he likes me but know he has to hire the best person. He said it would be difficult to find someone with their reading degree/masters for 1/2 time, and that is why I am invited to the interview. Should I expect all the regular interview questions in this type of interview?

3. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2008

Yes, expect regular questions. If they aren't asked, you lucked out!

Sounds like this P is willing to work with you re lack of endorsement. He saw you at a workshop so he knows you are serious.

Don't overanalyze -- go with it!

Best of luck!

4. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2008

I agree-- don't over analyze! Go in there-- be yourself, be confident and tell them what you DO know!!!!! Let us know how it goes!!! Break a leg :).