Interview/job openings - reposting position and advice

Discussion in 'General Education' started by REW, Jul 15, 2021.

1. REW

REW Rookie

Jul 15, 2021

I have interviewed for several positions since May. Several in my district of choice I didn’t get. Now I see the same position(s) open again. What gives? One position I got a rejection letter the same day the job was reposted on indeed.

I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t resigned from my previous district yet as to why I wasn’t selected. The interviews all seemed to go well. I did get an offer finally that I’m happy about, but I eventually want to move into the district of choice. I feel like I’m doing something wrong.

3. Beyond Teaching

Beyond Teaching New Member

Jul 15, 2021

Hey REW, are you only open to teaching in public schools? I just wonder because there are so many different types of schools out there that I'm sure you could find one that would be a good fit for you.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2021

Sadly, the reposting of the job means that for whatever reason, your impression that the interviews went well are not shared by that district. If they thought the way you do, they have all of your contact information - their silence speaks volumes. You may well fit into another position, but probably not the vacancy that you applied for.

5. REW

REW Rookie

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:35 AM

I did find a position at a charter school. ;)

6. REW

REW Rookie

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:37 AM

I’ve been told my district of choice is extremely competitive. That you need an inside connection. Most jobs that are posted are already filled internally. So interviews are a formality. I just don’t know how to combat that without an inside connection. We just moved to the area (a new state). I am still working to transfer my license to the new state. Can I hold a license in two states since I live on the state line?

7. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:33 AM

Yes, you are allowed to have licenses in multiple states. You just have to be willing to pay the fees required to apply and keep them current.