Interview in Houston, help!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by historical_soul, Jun 15, 2010.

1. historical_soul

historical_soul Rookie

Jun 15, 2010

So this week I have my second interview with Houston ISD. The first round was a sample lesson plan (which a few other posters have discussed), and this is the formal interview.

We are supposed to show up and they fill time slots based on first come, first serve. Since I imagine they are planning to interview a large number of people, does anyone know what the interviews are like? My past few have been variable in length and questions, but it seems like Houston will be much more streamlined.

Any Texas teachers know what to expect?

Thanks!

3. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Jun 15, 2010

Who are you interviewing with, the principal? I interviewed for an HISD school a couple of weeks ago but I did so with the principal of the school and one of the team teachers. The interview was about an hour long. He asked me questions about why I chose education, gave me scenerios and asked what I would do in each; he also asked me about class management and parental involvement. After about the first 5 minutes or so I felt comfortable enough to have more of a conversation vs a questions and answer session with them.

I hear the application process for HISD is very long. Since you've already passed the first round, you'll also do great this time around.

Good luck in your interview! :)

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 15, 2010

No advice, but good luck!!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 15, 2010

Good luck!