Interview help

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by PenCelia, Sep 8, 2015.

1. PenCelia

PenCelia Rookie

Sep 8, 2015

I have an interview tomorrow morning and would like some advice on making this time different. When I interview I have a hard time reading how the interview went. Are there certain clues given that can help? The interview I did last week was for a Title 1 reading position. I have worked in Title 1 before so qualifications shouldn't be an issue. After they were done interviewing they even showed me the room I'd be working in and introduced me to people. That was Thursday and have not heard back yet. I know that the holiday could have slowed down the process since the vice principal wasn't working Friday and Monday schools were closed.

What are important things to remember in the interview?

I know there are pages of interview tips but not sure how old some of those threads are.

Important things not to say?

Handeling anxiety over interviews?

Thanks!!

3. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 8, 2015

With the interview on Thursday, they probably haven't even had time to call your references yet. Give them a few days.

4. pommom

pommom Comrade

Sep 8, 2015

This past Thurs on the 3rd? It hasn't even been a week yet. I would say showing you the room is a good sign. They wouldn't waste their time doing that if they couldn't see you being a good candidate.

5. PenCelia

PenCelia Rookie

Sep 17, 2015

I never heard back from the 2 schools. Why don't schools let you know if you don't get the job? One interviewer even told me that she calls everyone since you took the time to come interview. Feeling discouraged.

6. pommom

pommom Comrade

Sep 17, 2015

Im sorry. I have never got a phone call or email stating i did not get the job either. Don't give up, Im still needing a teaching job too

7. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 18, 2015

Some districts around here that use Applitrack send out the generic applitrack email that you didn't get the job. One time I got a letter in the mail from the Principal thanking for for interviewing, but they went with another candidate for the position.