Interview Help

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by flowerpower31, Jul 11, 2011.

1. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Jul 11, 2011

Hi, all! I have been trying for a very, very long time to get a teaching position in a public school. I've been in private schools for 4 years and I'd really like to switch.

I have an interview lined up in a public school for 2nd grade on Thursday. Any thoughts, advice, suggestions, or anything else you'd like to share would be most welcomed and most appreciated. Also, would you mind sharing interview questions you've been asked? I feel like I'm a good teacher, but that I freeze during interviews; so the more prepared I can be, the better my chances are. Thanks so much!

3. MrsF

MrsF Rookie

Jul 12, 2011

First, congrats on your interview!!! How exciting, and best of luck!

I recently went on an interview for my current job (second grade!), and know how nerve-racking they can be! Just be confident in your abilities and you will do fine.

As for sample questions, I've seen many repeat questions in my recent interviews. Most focus on these:

1. Classroom Management (and usually a difficult situation you had to overcome with behavior)
    2. Assessment
    3. Language Arts Instruction / Math Instruction
    4. Technology

I think that if you genuinely want the best for your students, and know the tools to make them successful, you will have no problem getting the job! Hope this helps even just a little bit....!

Good luck and let us all know how it goes!!!!!!

4. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2011

Brush up on RtI and also on differentiated instruction. Google them so that you have an idea of what they are and some techniques that you might be able to try in your classroom.

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2011

Research what the current curriculum that the districts use and get to know a little about it. Also, I recommend learning the district's/school's plans regarding RtI, differentiated instruction, assessment, and PBIS. This way you can speak directly to how the school is working things.

6. flowerpower31

flowerpower31 Comrade

Jul 13, 2011

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the help!