Interview FRIDAY 4/6/07!!! Grade Level Specific Questions!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by JFish15, Apr 2, 2007.

1. JFish15

JFish15 Rookie

Apr 2, 2007

Hey!!

I have an interview rapidly approaching for an elementary teaching position! I was wondering if anyone knows of any examples of grade-level specific interview questions (by the principal/grade level teachers) they have asked/been asked for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade teaching position!!??

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!! THANK YOU!!

JFish15

3. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Apr 4, 2007

Hi, I am in Illinois also! Reasearch the school district! You will find things they are implementing and can expect questions on. For example, there are 3 schools in my area and all are different. One is implementing the Shurley English Method new this year to that school. Another is focusing on a new character education program, and another is implementing the Four Square writing program. These are all elementary schools within 8 miles of each other. Every school is different. Many of the questions will be general education interview questions. However, knowing more about the district you are interviewing with will help.Good luck! Also, the Illinois State Education site has some unusual interview questions on their website.

4. JFish15

JFish15 Rookie

Apr 4, 2007

Thank you! I appreciate the help! I will check into ISBE right away. Oh, and I will also let you know how it went! :) Thanks, thanks, thanks!

5. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Apr 4, 2007

Hey! In what general area in Illinois are you looking for a job? I know in the Chicago 'burbs, I was asked questions like how I see the evolution of reading and writing from a primary grade to an intermediate grade (I was interviewing for 2nd and 4th grades). Literacy is HUGE too... How do you structure your reading/LA time?

Best of luck!

6. fireboat

fireboat Rookie

Apr 4, 2007

Be prepared for literacy and math questions. Most elementary administrators agree that reading and math is the foundation of learning in the elementary grades.

What kinds of manipulative activities help you teach math?

Describe how you teach guided reading.

Describe how you might use literature circles (or book clubs) in your classroom.

What is the appriproiate amount of homework for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grader?

What will your parent newsletter look like?

What is your favorite subject to teach? (Reading or Math are the preferred answers at most Elementary Schools)

How do you use the writing process in your teaching?

In your opinion, does phonics have a place in the upper elementary grades?

Describe some decoding startegies you might teach a struggling reader.

Good luck with your interview on Friday!

- Tim

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007