Interview for Homebound Teacher Position

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by bet3, Jul 22, 2012.

1. bet3

bet3 Companion

Jul 22, 2012

I have an interview for a Homebound Teacher Position tomorrow morning. Any ideas on what sort of questions will be asked?

3. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2012

Usually, that's under the Special Education umbrella of services, so make sure to freshen up on your knowledge of special education services and laws, especially IEPs. They may also ask if you are comfortable working with children who are in behavioral settings (residential mental health centers) and if you felt comfortable working with students who may have a terminal illness.

Those are just my thoughts as a special education teacher, but not a HH teacher.

4. bet3

bet3 Companion

Jul 22, 2012

I didn't think about that falling under Special Ed. Thanks!

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 22, 2012

The students that have been served through home bound in my district are pregnant (on bed rest), recently given birth, long term hospital stays, and extremely severe and profound with health issues that require home care. They may ask about your transportation and comfort driving/finding unfamiliar places.

6. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2012

Also, some kids who receive homebound services receive them "after hours," (due to therapy appointments, doctor's appointments, teacher availability, etc.) - so that might be a question that they ask.

7. bet3

bet3 Companion

Jul 23, 2012

I had my interview this morning. It wasn't a great interview, but it wasn't bad either. It was with the special Ed. Coordinator, the alternative school coordinator, and the human resources person. I knew all three of them, so I was pretty relaxed. They asked about working with parents and working with technology. There were no questions about transportation. I honestly don't think I will get it because there was a teacher from the elementary school who was applying. At this point, I am just glad I didn't totally blow the interview.