Interview for Head Start

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Oregon Teacher, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Jul 17, 2013

I have an interview for a Head Start pre-primary teaching position next week. The lowest grade that I've taught is 2nd, so I'm reading up as much as I can on teaching pre-school. Can anyone recommend any books or web sites? Thank you!!

3. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Jul 17, 2013

Head start is low income families that can't afford preschool so make sure you look into that. I teach preschool it's a very challenging age group! They usually learn through centers and playing. There isn't a lot of formal teaching and you will have to do circle time every day! Just research your states preschool curriculum and bench marks. Message me if you have questions.

4. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Jul 18, 2013

http://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/hslc/tta-system/teaching/eecd/curriculum/teaching strategies

Head Start has it's own rules and regulations and unless it's within your state school system you should be able to find what you need to know on this website. I teach at Head Start so if I can I'll answer any questions you have.

Oh and it's all about redirection. I know in our area we can only redirect, no time out or clipping up and down. It can be tough.

5. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2013

Go to the head start website so you will be informed on the program. I taught H.S. for 10 years and love the program. Good luck!