Interview Finally but TX Question on Licensing

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by deeceekids, Jun 3, 2010.

1. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

Jun 3, 2010

I finally received word from a district that I applied to last week. The district is opening up a new school next year and in my cover letter, I said I was interested in an Administrative or Teaching position. Well I received a message from the P for an interview for an AP position. I have a standard TX teaching license in the grade level area; however hold a one year TX principal's license and also hold a Standard principal's license from another state. I still have to take my exam (scheduled for later this month). I am going to let them know that I already have the exam scheduled, and I really am not too worried about the exam as I did well on the practice exam which I have heard is similar to the real one. However, what are my chances of getting the position if I don't hold a standard license in TX yet? I do have experience as an administrator in another state as well. Just real nervous as am not sure what to expect. :eek: Any advice?

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jun 3, 2010

Your chances are good. I was hired without a Texas Teaching Certificate with the understanding that I would have one before the school year began. I think if you explain the situation and how you are already scheduled to take the test, it will be NO problem. Now, go SELL yourself like crazy!

4. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Jun 4, 2010

I'm sure your chances are good.

Good luck!!

5. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

Jun 4, 2010

Thanks everyone! I do hope my test goes well as my TX one-year does end in August, which gives me a one chance shot at the exam. My Standard license from my other state doesn't end for a bit though, so I am praying that it will be okay with them. Even if I don't get the AP position, I hope I will be considered for a teacher at the school.