Interview Feedback

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by flutetoot, Aug 11, 2008.

1. flutetoot

flutetoot Companion

Aug 11, 2008

I saw a thread on here about interviews and feedback...

I was just wondering how you all went about getting feedback from any of your interviews?
    Unfortunately, for me, most do not contact me again after the interview. I just *assume* when I don't hear from them after 2 weeks or so that the job is filled (usually is). Or if I'm lucky, they will send me a "thanks, but no thanks" letter. When I try to telephone to get feedback, the secretary either takes a message and I get no response or simply states to me that the position was filled by another candidate (duh!) :crosseyed
    I have emailed the principals/committees to ask for their feedback, but get no reply. :mad:

Any suggestions? I am going on over two years now of trying to get a job and no luck. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong in the interview. Help! :help:

3. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Aug 11, 2008

I emailed the person and got a reply.

I interviewed extremely well but the job went to a displaced teacher:unsure:

4. SciTeacherNY

SciTeacherNY Companion

Aug 11, 2008

The only feedback I have gotten is when I actually got the job.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 11, 2008

I emailed the principal and got a response from him.

6. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2008

I think it's awful that interview committees 1) Don't get back to people to tell them yes or NO and 2) Don't seem to want to take a moment to provide feedback. It really irritates me that they wouldn't want to help make teachers they best they can be and "TEACH" them to do better on their next interview! UGH!

7. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 12, 2008

I think some of that may be due to liability reasons. I've been told that I interview very well. I'm pretty certain that I almost had one position but didn't get it because I don't have 5th grade experience.

See if there is someone that you can practice with or even tape yourself. You'll be floored by what you see. I know that I was at least.

8. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Aug 12, 2008

i emailed a principal (that i recently interviewed with)....& got no response. this makes me wonder how much they are legally allowed to say.

nevertheless, i would email anyway - you never know when a kind soul will respond w/helpful advice and/or feedback. i would also listen to the other posters who mentioned taping yourself. i have also heard you should have a tough + honest friend give you a mock interview. just make sure you pick someone who will tell you the truth!

good luck to you - i believe there is a good job out there for all of us :).

Meri