interview dress

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by missalli, Jul 28, 2008.

1. missalli

missalli Companion

Jul 28, 2008

This doesn't specifically pertain to interview questions, so I didn't want to put it in that column.

A question, though, about what to wear for an interview. In the past - well, a couple years ago when I was interviewing - I don't really remember what I wore but I think it was a pair of slacks and a blouse.

Right now, though, we're in the middle of a heat spell and I haven't worn slacks in years! I hate to run out and buy some before my interview tomorrow.

Are skirts okay? How about a dress? I know some things probably vary by district - this is a very rural district; last year they had 40 students, K-8 - but what are some good guidelines? :help:

3. tiffanys

tiffanys Companion

Jul 28, 2008

I too have pondered with this question and everyone I asked seem to think that skirts or dresses would be fine--- with pantyhose--- which i despise!

4. Vievers

Vievers Rookie

Jul 28, 2008

To my last interview, I wore a nice skirt, panty hose (ugg), and a button up blouse. Skirts are perfectly fine to wear to an interview. In fact while I was in college, I attended a workshop through my school's career center and skirt suits were the recommended attire for females to interview in. It was far too hot for my to wear my suit jacket to my last interview so I didn't and it didn't seem to bother anyone.

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 28, 2008

I hit a summer dress sale at Macy's a couple of weeks ago and had a ball. Worst case scenario, pair a sundress with a light blazer. Your interviewer is facing the same weather you are.