Hey guys! I've been a lurker on this forum for a few weeks. I began my job hunt this month and have already sent out quite a few resumes. My state has a very, very, very competitive job market so I'm sending my application packet to schools up to two and a half hours away from home; I'm single with no children or debt so relocation should not be an issue for me if I need to move for the 2012-2013 year. With gas prices being so absurdly high, I'd like to be 30 minutes or less from where I'm working. Anyway I have a dilemma, and I was hoping more experienced teachers and administrators could help me. :help: I received a phone call this morning from a very highly ranked school district that's about two hours away from home (without traffic, of course. my state's notorious for traffic). Basically, they would love for me to come for an interview but for a long-term substitute position that'll last the rest of the year. I'm assuming no benefits and substitute pay - which would make relocation difficult due to cost of living. Additionally, I'm finishing my Masters degree so I need to stay in the area until May. Considering the cost of gas and graduate school obligations, which includes a 60 pg. honors thesis and intensive comp exam, I'm not sure I want to commute four hours (at least) a day for a long-term substitute position. The secretary who left the voicemail acknowledged that since I was located far away from them and specifically stated "2012-2013" on my cover letter she'd understand if I wouldn't be interested in the job, but she decided to drop me a line, regardless, which I thought was a nice gesture and reaffirmed that my cover letter and resume are strong. Do you awesome folks have any suggestions for me? Have you ever interviewed for a job you don't particularly want? Is there anyway to let them know that I'm still very interested in the district itself (it's a WONDERFUL district located in a beautiful area of the state), but commuting for a temporary job would be far too difficult at this time due to school and costs? I'm not sure what the professional response would be and would appreciate any help. Thank you!