Interview - Any thoughts are helpful

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mistah, Mar 28, 2010.

1. mistah

mistah Rookie

Mar 28, 2010

Hey all,
    So I had an over the phone interview for a private school a few weeks back and apparently they liked me b/c they sent a follow up e-mail (2 hrs afterthe phone intervie) sayin how I fit their school so well and they offered me to come in and interview (they paid over $1,000 for my total trip)....during the trip, there were sooo many positives (not to mention everything above), including: the principal took my fiance and me apartment hunting (and dropped lines about the type of apt. we should get), principal spent 4 hrs with us on a Sat. when she was extremely busy, etc...Everything seemed positive...however, when she dropped us off, she said she'd call back later the next week (which was this past week), and I haven't heard ANYTHING back. It's odd b/c they had been sooo aggressive with me all along, and followed through with what they said, and for some reason...nothing!!
    I'm willing to believe for what ever reason they went with someone else, but can anyone make sense of this?

3. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Mar 28, 2010

Maybe they're waiting for you to make the next move, to see if you really want them as well.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 29, 2010

I think they just got busy!!

They may have been on break last week, and just assumed that you realized they meant the "next week" they're in session.

Or a water pipe broke or there was a fight or an injury or something else happened. Or the principal's secretary was ill and they haven't gotten through all the stuff on her desk. Or...

Schools are mercurial places-- what you plan and what actually happens are rarely the same thing.

So give it a few days and then call.

5. mistah

mistah Rookie

Mar 29, 2010

they weren't on break but they did have report cards and the big end of year test, so you never know...My whole thing is that they were always on top of things yet somehow they're not....but either way...i'll take your advice....give it a few days and call them back...THANKS!!

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2010

Good luck. I agree that they probably got busy. Call back if you don't hear back soon.