interview and references

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by JMatch123, Aug 10, 2017.

1. JMatch123

JMatch123 Rookie

Aug 10, 2017

Hey all.
    I ended up getting an interview this week for a teaching position and I thought it went well. One of the references I had down on my application called me and let me know that the school called them for reference (they said good things about me). I was a little surprised but happy because I assume it's a good sign. I haven't been offered a job yet but it seems like my references are being checked. Is this a good sign? My last teaching job in another state didn't call my references until after I was hired and already teaching.

3. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 10, 2017

Some people will say it's a good sign and some will tell you it's protocol. It also may be a deciding factor where they call your references and another candidates to make a final decision. Either way it's better than them not calling your references. It means you're still in the running! Good luck!!!

bella84, AlwaysAttend and Rainbowbird like this.
  4. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 10, 2017

What Bunny said, If they are trying to find out more about you, it means they are still interested in you!

5. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 10, 2017

Agreed. Save celebrating until you have the offer in hand. Still a great sign!

Are your other reverences available?