Interview Advice :)

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Unregistered, May 20, 2004.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

May 20, 2004

Hello Everyone!
    My name is Kelly and I have my second interview on Monday for a fifth grade job. I have never taught in a fifth grade class before, I did my pre-student teaching in 1st and my student teaching in 3rd. I passed the first round of interviewing which was with the Princ. and Assoc. Prin., this time it is with the teaem of teachers...so my questions is, what kind of grade specific questions do you think they may ask? I am soo excited, I really like this district and I can't wait to begin teaching! I did visit a local 5th grade classroom to get a feel for what a 5th grade room looks like and spend a little time with the age group. But, as I said, what questions should I prepare for? ANY advice, even on interviewing skills would be VERY appreciated!!! Thank you so much!!!

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 20, 2004

since this is with the team of teachers you'd be working with, if you don't already know this, you might ask about team planning (does the whole team plan themes together, is each teacher responsible for specific subjects, do they switch classes, is everyone expected to be on the same subject at the same time or do you have flexability, etc)

search here for LOTS of interview tips... I'll be reviewing them definately when someone finally calls me...

good luck and let us know how it goes!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 21, 2004

Search teacherchat to find lots of advice. I hope you do well. Fifth grade is fantastic!!

5. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

May 24, 2004