Interview Acceptance letter

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachcandidate7, Dec 2, 2014.

1. teachcandidate7

teachcandidate7 Rookie

Dec 2, 2014

Hi Everyone,

I was emailed from a principal about an interview opportunity. Here is my response to the email..... How does it sound?

Dear Mrs. Principal,

Thank you very much for your invitation to interview for the 8th grade English teacher position. I look forward to the opportunity to meet with you and to discuss my potential contributions to your already thriving school. I am available on Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 9:00A.M. Please let me know if this is a convenient time for you. Again, I appreciate this opportunity.

Sincerely,

My name

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 2, 2014

In the P's email to you, was a date and time suggested? If not, I wouldn't be so narrow in your availability--if that isn't a good time for him/her, then what? The more flexible you can be to fit the school's interview schedule, the better.

4. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Dec 2, 2014

I agree...unless the P's email specifically asked if you could do that time, I wouldn't narrow it down like that. Perhaps to a few days, but that's it. To be honest, I probably wouldn't narrow it down at all...I'm sure there are tons of applicants who would be able to come at ANY time. This isn't your fault, of course...but it still gives them an edge and you a mental demerit in the P's mind.

5. teachcandidate7

teachcandidate7 Rookie

Dec 3, 2014

Thanks guys. Interview is scheduled!! Wish me luck!!!

6. ExtraSpecialEd

ExtraSpecialEd Rookie

Dec 12, 2014

This is nitpicking, but I would take out the "already thriving" school part. Just sounds like sucking up, honestly, and would make most busy principals yawn.

I realize the interview was in the past, I hope you get the job!