Interventions

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by ktmiller222, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jun 13, 2013

What types of interventions do teacher use inside the classroom for students who are struggling (also referred to RTI)
    --comprehension
    --spelling
    --writing
    --reading in general (pace, sounds)
    --any math areas (any examples would be great)
    Anything else that relates to different types of interventions would be helpful. Also, how do teachers document the interventions and the progress of the students?

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2013

I'm being a bit lazy, but I'd suggest doing a search on this site for RTI and interventions because there have been some great resources shared in the past. :)

4. EdEd

EdEd Aficionado

Jun 13, 2013

Yeah, that's a bit broad. There are hundreds of books written on the topic.

5. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jun 13, 2013

How do I document their progress? Each student enrolled in Intensive (Tier III) RtI has an RtI folder. Inside the folder, progress monitoring scores are included, benchmark tests, attendance record, work samples, etc.

At the end of each quarter, we have to fill out a report for our principal that includes each student's progress monitoring score, hours of attendance for that particular quarter, lesson number we're working on, and a couple of other things. She then forwards the spreadsheet to the district office. I'm not sure what they do with the info. I'm assuming they file it for CPM (Categorical Program Monitoring). I'm not sure if other states operate this way, but that's how it's generally done here in CA.

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 13, 2013

:yeahthat:

7. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jun 14, 2013

Generally intervention is determined either by the district, the school, the teacher, or a combination of these. I know that I have the freedom to choose and use interventions that I feel are useful. I provide intervention in Reading (targeting fluency, accuracy, and comprehension) and Math (targeting specific skills learned in second grade).

8. First School

First School Rookie

Jun 17, 2013

I think school intervention for the sake of so many of our children and for the collective future of our country. It is basically reserved for those who are in crisis circumstances and the situation for many of our students grows more severe every day. High-quality instruction, more responsive efforts, and targeted intervention strategies are required.