Interpret this dream will ya???

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by txmomteacher2, Jul 23, 2007.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2007

This is going to be my 2nd year teaching. The first year I spent teaching the behavior unit kids. Not much teaching but learned alot about everyday school life. This year I will be teaching kindergarten. I am very excited about this move, but I am beginning to feel more than a litte nervous. The other night I had a very weird dream. I was wondering what everyone thinks about this.

It was the first day of school. I went down to my classroom and discovered I had no class list. So I didn't have any clue who my kids were. So I run up to the office and I mean run. In my dream the office is a mile away, but still in the building.( I know huge school) I get to the office and our secretary yells at me for not knowing where my class list is. (she pretty much runs the school) Finally after a huge fight she gives me my classlist, but she also tells me this will be my final one for whole entire year so I better not loose this one. So I start the long journey back to my room, only it takes me longer to get back than it did to go to the office. Finally after what seems like I just ran a marathon I get back to my room. The parents are all mad because I wasn't there when the bell rang. I try to explain but to no avail. They finally leave and it's time for lunch. I woke up after that.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  3. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Jul 24, 2007

We all have weird dreams right before school starts. We're just worried that we won't get everything done in time.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 24, 2007

It's stress.

The secretary reminds me of someone I know though...:rofl:

5. mincc

mincc Companion

Jul 24, 2007

My dear Italian Nana used to interpret dreams. We lost her in 1992 and I wanted her "dream book" but my uncle threw it away. :( Anyway, she said our dreams are often opposites, so in your case, you are going to have a GREAT first day!:)

She also said that if you dream of death someone you know is pregnant or soon will be.

I wish I had known her more...I was 17 when she died, and never got to REALLY talk with her, you know? BIG family, I was always lost in the shuffle. She had the kindest soul.

I think your first day will be excellent!:angel:

6. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2007

It seems to me you're anxious about your students and unsure of the situation and what it will bring. As others have mentioned, we all have those "school" dreams. Mine begin in August. We had a thread last year about our school dreams. I am sure it'll start soon and you can see we're all anxious and unsure.

7. lowiq

lowiq Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Are you sure it was a dream?

Are you sure it was a dream? It sounds like the high scoool where I used to teach.
    We didn't get class lists the first day. Everyone was scrambling around the first day. I think it was when counselors were learning how to use computers and there was lots of overcrowding. So we had our excuses. But then as this occured for a couple of years we realized we couldn't do any worse and fell into oblivion and continued to start sloppy for a few years. Besides, we realized that over half of the students in our classes had about five weeks to change their schedules anyway. I remember one year they scheduled 53 students in one of my physical science classes for the first five weeks. Students came in and laid down on the fully carpeted science room floor.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007