Internet and computer problems

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dizzykates, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 20, 2011

I amInteresting, I posted something, but I cannot see what I am typing in the box. I have been missing around here for the last 6 months or so because my mac will not type in the message box and I rarely use my pc anymore b/c it has no battery life. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Forgive my misspellings or typos please....

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2011

If you've set A to Z to keep you logged in, try logging out and logging back in. This isn't a problem I've had on A to Z, but it is something that's shown up elsewhere.

4. old_School

old_School Rookie

Jun 20, 2011

Throw your safri in the trash then reboot. It should rebuild its self and repair it. If that fails to work, create a new user account and test the new user. Here you want to see if the issue is system wide or just user based. If system wide then you need to format and reinstall your Mac OS X. If it is user account only then throwing safri away should fix the issue, However, if it fails after severl attempts, make a new user account and move everything over to the new user and then remove the old account once everything is moved over.

The next thing is you want to figure out how safri got messed up. Number of things; virus, spyware, kids playing with machine, user error or unknown. You need to think hard who it worked for last and the last thing u did before it stopped working. If the issue was completely raondom consider virus or spyware. Also know this Mac users, Just because the sales guy said Macs dont get viruses does not mean that is true because they can and do. To make a Mac virus requires a little more work then making one for a PC but can be done rather easly for a mac. On that note from all the windows users. Welcome to our world lol

5. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 20, 2011

I have been using three different macs and none of them allow me to post on here. I will try tossing Safari and rebooting.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2011

Do you keep the software on your Macs up to date, dizzy?

7. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 21, 2011

I have no idea. They are schol computers and they get updated over the summer. I run software updates as they are announced.

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 21, 2011

Huh. Are you using them at school?

9. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Jun 22, 2011

Nope. At home, but it use to work at either place.