Internal Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by cymru3, May 30, 2016.

1. cymru3

cymru3 Rookie

May 30, 2016

Currently a LTS. Applying for a full year position at my school. Interview is this week.

I'd usually wear a suit and a nice blouse to an interview, but I'm worried I'd look like a try hard if I did that here as they see me in my 'everyday' teacher clothes...well...every day. What would you/have you worn to an internal interview?

3. jadorelafrance

jadorelafrance Cohort

May 30, 2016

Definitely wear a suit and blouse. You want to look like you're taking the interview very seriously.

4. phillyteacher

phillyteacher Comrade

May 30, 2016

I would go a step up from what you wear every day. I don't even have a suit anymore but for my interviews I did go out of my way to be a little more formal than my usual business casual school clothes. More makeup too.

5. jadorelafrance

jadorelafrance Cohort

May 30, 2016

To add to the previous comment and mine, a very nice more business dress or blouse and black skirt would work too. I once went on an interview in a nice dress (since it was summer and I didn't want to be so stuffy) and got the job. It doesn't necessary have to be a suit.

6. cymru3

cymru3 Rookie

May 30, 2016

Thanks for your replies. I was leaning towards a businessy type dress and shoes...definitely a "step up" from what I usually wear. Oh and I'm planning on actually wearing makeup, I usually don't!

7. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

May 30, 2016

That sounds fine to me. I interviewed and was hired while doing a LTS in a CDS room. I did dress up a bit, but as the interview was during the day, it had to be attire that also worked in the classroom.