Interesting questions

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Flanny108, May 19, 2014.

1. Flanny108

Flanny108 Rookie

May 19, 2014

In this interview process I've had many of the typical questions about planning, behavior, etc... In one of my interviews I was asked these questions:

1. Give me one reason why I would regret hiring you.

2. Tell me about a coworker that you did not like working with.

Ouch! I guess the first one was an interesting way of finding out my weakness, but I'm not sure about that second one.

In another interview I was asked what I would consider to be my greatest weakness...I thought for a minute and came up with something. After the interview he came up and apologized for asking me that question. I thought that was interesting.

3. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

May 19, 2014

I hate those. In my most recent interview (there were three assistant principals who took turns asking questions), I was asked what is one negative thing my former employer would say about me. I'm sure my facial reaction was pretty hilarious. I thought for a second, and the best thing I could come up with was "she'd probably say she's upset I'm leaving her". They all laughed, so I guess I answered it clever enough.

4. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

May 19, 2014

At one interview I had to take a personality test that asked the most intrusive, inappropriate questions I could even imagine.

One was "how do you act when you get drunk?" Another "do you regret your first sexual experience?"

I should have just walked out.

5. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

May 19, 2014

Yikes. I can't think of a positive reply to the first besides, "You wouldn't." For the second, I suppose if you can think on your feet you could turn it into a success story of how you overcame your differences to do what's best for the kids.

6. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

May 19, 2014

Hard questions:

I might have answered:
    1. Your only regret will be that I work really hard and I ask a LOT of questions. I do like to bring chocolate to meetings so you just might regret that! LOL
    2. I have had only one person I can think that was difficult to work with, and it wasn't because they were a defiant person or spiteful, but they would agree to do something and not follow through. So I just learned that I needed not to depend on that person for her things on time and I didn't lean on her for materials. I simply offered my things to her to help her out. I can't dwell on what they struggle with, I can only fix me!

Maybe those are good answers??

7. miles2go4u

miles2go4u Rookie

May 19, 2014

These!

8. tonysam

tonysam Comrade

May 19, 2014

You never badmouth a co-worker, current or previous. Ever. It's not professional; you are supposed to be part of a team. You put all of your differences aside to make sure there is a collaborative environment.

That would be my answer, and that would be the correct answer to the question.

Same with the employer question. Both of these questions are designed to see if you trash a previous employer. They are designed to screen you out as a "troublesome" applicant. Don't do it and fall into the trap.

9. Briana008

Briana008 Companion

May 19, 2014

Ha ha! I said almost the same thing in a recent interview. For what it's worth, I got the job so I guess it was a good response! :)

10. 4815162342

4815162342 Companion

May 19, 2014

I got the job too!!!
    I think we just cracked the code!

11. Briana008

Briana008 Companion

May 19, 2014

Congrats! :thumb:

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 20, 2014

Congrats on getting the job!

13. Flanny108

Flanny108 Rookie

May 20, 2014

Well, I answered honestly about a coworker that I had a difficult time working with. Perhaps she was looking at how I handled the situation. There are always people that you have to work with that you don't necessarily get along with. That's just life. I turned the question about why the principal would retreat hiring me, into my weakness. I don't think there is a formula to answering interview questions. It depends on the personalities in the room. I was offered the job today. And she actually told me that I interviewed very well.

14. cafekarma

cafekarma Rookie

May 21, 2014

Was this an interview for a teaching position? My response would be less than professional and maybe just a bit violent.

15. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 21, 2014

Congrats, Flanny, on getting the job!