Interesting Position

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Jul 28, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jul 28, 2009

So I have an interview for a new position this school corporation created for this year. They are having a handful of teachers throughout the corporation do this intensive training called a teachers academy. The teachers had to apply and get picked to do it.

Because these teachers are going to be gone a lot(I'm guessing)they are putting another certified teacher in the classroom. This teacher gets a contract,benefits and will get a year of senority at the end of the year. This is a temp year position but it's cool cuz I would have a year of experience (and could bid on internal positions...way more then an aide/sub could do).

So basically I take over the class when the teacher is gone but I'm thinking even when the teacher is there we would split work/lessons. I just thought this was an interesting position and wondered if anyone had any similar in their districts or thoughts of what the interview may be like (its w/a panel...which im sure the teacher I'd be working with would be on it) or just any comments
    Thanks!

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 28, 2009

I've never heard of that but I would take it! It sounds interesting and it definitely could lead to something later.

4. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 28, 2009

Sounds like a great opportunity!!!

Good Luck!!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 28, 2009

Sounds like an interesting position!! I'd take it!

6. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jul 28, 2009

I'll let you guys know the details of it tomorrow once I interview...seems like a great job for someone who hasn't had their own classroom yet. I was an IA last year but this seems like it would be a step up from that seeing as I'd be teaching more. Then next year I should be on my way to my own classroom. I know everyone has to pay their dues, start at the bottom and move up from there....

Plus I mean seniority, benefits, and contract....sounds very nice!

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2009

Sounds like a great opportunity! Good luck!