Interactive Student Notebooks

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by cjven, Jun 17, 2007.

1. cjven

cjven Rookie

Jun 17, 2007

I was wondering if anybody uses interactive student notebooks. We talked about them in my college classes but I was wondering how you use them in your class? I would like to implement them in my middle school social studies classroom but I'm a little nervous about the left-side activities and keeping all of the kids organized!

3. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jun 17, 2007

Hello! A good many folks use the notebooks on the board - this is my sixth year with them and I find them incredibly successful for me and the children. Yes, it takes some setup time, and yes, it takes training the kiddos, but so does anything. Do you have any specific questions?

4. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

5. cjven

cjven Rookie

Jun 17, 2007

Thanks for the links they were helpful!

6. wig

wig Devotee

Jun 23, 2007

I would not be concerned about the left right thing. Many links say the class stuff goes on the right and student responses on the left. Many teachers have gone with Left = learning and Right = Responses or Reflections. After several years of using left right, I have decided to go sequentually. What is most important is that you allow the students to process the information in a way that is meaningful for them.

There is always a lot of discussion of ISNs at this time of the year, so I gathered up the links from various discussions that are still active and have posted them here.

http://interactive-notebooks.wikispaces.com/

(Also, if you google Interactive Student Notebooks, you will find many in pdf format. I did not know how to post them)