Interactive Noteboosk and Multiple Inteligences

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Brendan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jun 27, 2007

I was reading posts on this board and on others and I am a little unclear about what learning styles the notebook uses. I also noticed that some people use a learning side quiz how does this work? how does the left sdie activites foster to these learning styles?

3. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jun 28, 2007

Hey Brendan - I started to answer this but it was getting a bit longish so I'm going to quote the TCI book (p. 163-164):

They encourage students to use a variety of intelligences, not just linguistic intelligences. Conventional student notebooks may work for motivated students with strong linguistic skills, but they do not work as well for students with other predominant intelligences. In the Interactive Student Notebook, students approach understanding in many ways. They can tap into their visual intelligence through such elements as graphs, maps, illustrations, pictwords, and visual metaphors; their musical intelligence by composing song lyrics or reacting to a piece of music; their intrapersonal intelligence by reflecting on the ways social studies topics affect them personally; their interpersonal intelligence by recording group discussions and group project notes; and their logical-mathematical intelligences through sequencing and the use of spectrums, graphs, and charts.

4. cianlee

cianlee Rookie

Jun 28, 2007

Different learning styles are important!