Intelliscanner -- Anyone use it?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by peridotylayne, Jul 16, 2008.

1. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 16, 2008

Does anyone use the Intelliscanner to organize their library and handle book check in/out? I was thinking about buying it, but I don't know if I'll be able to see exactly which student has the book.:confused:

Just curious to see if anyone knows how it works., :)

3. teacherece

teacherece Cohort

Jul 17, 2008

Wow! I just checked it out and it looks great, but the price tag is a bit steep. I have a check out system in my room and only the weekly class librarian can put books back. You can't get your library card back until the librarian checks your book back in. I've used this sytem with my 2nd graders for 2 years and it's great. They really take ownership of being the librarian.

4. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

Jul 17, 2008

I had an "on the fly" checkout system this past year. I don't have many books either, but I knew I had to have SOMETHING in place. I figured it would be a good investment in the long run.. easier to manage as the library gets larger.

I also think that since many of the students in my district have no concern for property and have a habit of "keeping things," they might be more incline to take better care of the books if they felt it was like a "real" library. :cool: