Inspired

Discussion in 'General Education' started by rachaelski, Jun 2, 2009.

1. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jun 2, 2009

I have had a horrible year this year. I moved from 700 miles away to help open a new charter school. In just 4 months we went through 3 school leaders. Our current school leader leads with threats and intimidation. And half the time she isn't at the school to deal with school issues. I have been disrespected her in front of students as well as other teachers. I have spent more days miserable this year than in every other year of my life combined. On a good day, I am at school from 6:30-5:30 (we are an extended day school though).

The good news is that my boyfriend and I are moving to another state and starting a new life. I have an AMAZING job I am looking forward to starting. I have just spent the last 3 hours breaking down the state's and the archdiocese's learning standards into a year-long plan. I am so inspired for the next school year! Isn't it amazing how the thought of a new year inspires you to work even harder than before????

What are you doing to prepare for next year?

3. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 2, 2009

I am excited for you about your move and your new job. I am leaving a school with an administrator who makes life miserable to go to a better one.

We have new standards across the board here in TN for next year. I plan to pull activities for each standard in each subject and put them into sheet protectors in notebooks and find a way to organize the notebooks.

4. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jun 2, 2009

I taught in Memphis for my first two years!!!! How funny. Yeah, I recall seeing the revamped standards on the website before I left last year. Good luck getting ready for that!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 3, 2009

That's great that you're so excited about your new job! And the thought of something new always makes me work harder, too!

6. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 3, 2009

We all need some inspiration, good luck with it all!

7. MrsHoot

MrsHoot Comrade

Jun 3, 2009

Rachael-- AWESOME job on doing all of the standards!!! How long did it take you? That is my plan as well, I have a sample from a teacher who separated standards/themes/plans by months and I think it is great to be so organized!

8. Irma

Irma Companion

Jun 3, 2009

It's always exciting to look forward to a new start- congrats!

I am revamping some things within my team as far as our schedule and how we're approaching teaching some subjects. It's exciting- we'll have more flow of students between our four classes and teachers will get to concentrate on a subject.

9. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Jun 3, 2009

I'm using a new strategy I learned at my training last week: I've written standards on color coded post-its by content area, then I am going to put them on a big year-long map by trimester. I'm hoping to see more connections between content areas for curriculum integration.

10. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 3, 2009

I want to do that next year too.

Once I find out what I'll be teaching....