Inspirational 1st Graders

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Starista, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Apr 8, 2006

GOod Morning ~

I teach at a Catholic School and yesterday I took my 28 students to review the Stations of the Cross at our Curch's Prayer Garden. When we got to the very end, where Jesus is resurrected, two of my boys immediatly fell to their knees... and the rest of the class followed suit without me having to ask them to. I thought it was simply beautiful. :)

God Bless!

3. missypoopoo

missypoopoo Rookie

Apr 10, 2006

to Starista

What a wonderful thing to hear. It is times like this when I read or hear something that I really miss teaching in the Catholic School. I loved the time during Lent and especially Holy Thursday, when we would really show the 2nd graders when Christ instituted the Eucharist.

I miss watching the wonder on their faces when we talk about this. Since I am now subbing in the public school I find something is missing for me.

Thank you so much for posting!:angel:

4. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Apr 10, 2006

What a beautiful story. I used to work at a Christian preschool and every time this year we would spend time at the wooden cross in the front of our building. The kids would also bring flowers and lay them at the foot of the cross. Now that I am teaching first grade at a public school I find I miss those moments. Have a wonderful week.