Inservice tomorrow / Students return Wed!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pi-R-Squared, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Groupie

Jan 1, 2018

Christmas break ends today! I haven't done jack rabbit in terms of school work, lesson planning, etc.... don't even have anything planned for when the kids get back! Well, maybe reviewing their midterm exams! Who else returns this week?

3. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Jan 1, 2018

Teachers start back Wednesday, students on Thursday. I know I shouldn't wish my break away but I'm so excited and ready for school to start back up. I only got a week in before break after hardly working between Thanksgiving and a little over two weeks ago, so I'm just ready to have a steady job again!

4. CharRMS

CharRMS Companion

Jan 1, 2018

We have inservice on Wednesday and kids return Thursday. I'm not sure about what I am going to plan either!

5. beccmo

beccmo Comrade

Jan 1, 2018

School starts up for everyone Wednesday. I have to go in Tuesday and set up labs. :(

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jan 1, 2018

I don't go back until next Monday, don't want to think about school yet!

7. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Jan 1, 2018

I would just go in bright and early (i.e. 5:30 am or so) on Wednesday to save myself a day.

I go back tomorrow, and so do the kids!!! Such a short break. I wish we just had an in-service tomorrow to ease into it.

8. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 1, 2018

I go back on Wednesday, but I will have to take a half day on Friday to attend a funeral (unless my principal kicks up a fuss).

9. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Jan 2, 2018

We go back next Monday and the kids come the next day. I planned a lot of things out before school ended, I'll probably spend a few hours one day this week to fine tune the first week. Then I'll go in Friday for a few days to get ready.

I'll have 3 classes to prep for this semester and 20 minutes of prep time a day!!!! Half of that time will be spent supervising the kids, so I really only have 50 minutes of prep time a week. How am I supposed to plan and grade and actually do a good job with lessons? I have to create all my curriculum. This is ridiculous.

10. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jan 2, 2018

We started back today - kids included. Tough transition, sleep-wise, from New Years Eve/Day, but at least it's after plenty of rest!