Innovative History Project

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by gr8_life, Nov 4, 2007.

1. gr8_life

gr8_life Companion

Nov 4, 2007

Hey Experts,
    I need to hear how you teach the personalities or people of history
    in unique and fun ways that will make it exciting to learn for the students.

Idea?

What has worked very well?

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Nov 4, 2007

I have borrowed an idea called Historical Heads - I use it a lot. I have an outline of a head. Students are then required to put 10 images that they draw into the head that represent events that were important in the life of that person. On the back, they have to explain each event, the importance of that event in the person life's and the influence that event had on history. My students really enjoy this because they choose the events to really study indepth. I tell them there are not right or wrong events to protray as long as they can make a case as to why they are so important. Even my students that can't draw very well like this project as no part of their grade is based on artistic ability. This is acutally an assignment that my students will acutally ask "when are we doing the heads again?"

4. gr8_life

gr8_life Companion

Nov 4, 2007

What a great idea ! Thanks for sharing. :up:

5. KDS

KDS Companion

Nov 5, 2007

i have also seen speech/eng/history teachers use Billy Joel's "We Didnt Start the Fire" as a jumping off point for all sorts of projects. The kids have to not only know who the person is/was, but what impact they had in that year.