Info About Teacher Training Programs

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by mk00024, Sep 5, 2017.

1. mk00024

mk00024 Guest

Sep 5, 2017

Hi all,

I recently decided to pursue teaching at the secondary level as a career path. I was wondering if people in California would be able to provide any tips on which teacher training programs would be best for someone like me.

I have both bachelor's and master's degrees in biology, and this of course is what I would end up teaching, although I have considered getting credentialed in math as well (I also have a certificate in statistics and data analysis). I have been a substitute teacher for over 3 1/2 years now, have taught extension courses for the local community college, and was a teaching assistant for undergraduate biology courses during the time I was completing my master's.

I am specifically looking for programs that would allow me to intern so that I can be paid while training.

Any programs that people can recommend? If so, I would love to hear from you. Thanks so much!

3. DAH

DAH Companion

Sep 5, 2017

[QUOTE="mk00024,
    • Any programs that people can recommend? If so, I would love to hear from you. Thanks so much![/QUOTE]
    CalStateTEACH is an online credentialing program with an intern option. National University offers one. If you're in southern Cali, there's tons of them. Almost every university offers one. Whittier Community College, TEACHCalifornia. If you are employed by LAUSD, or any Orange County school district, they both have in-house credential programs.
    Good luck

AlwaysAttend likes this.