Indiana Core Content Exam

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by laceyk8, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Andrew Cody

Andrew Cody Rookie

Mar 3, 2016

Yes alright. I see a few different Amanda Hicks. I sent a message let me know if that was you. Lol

2. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 3, 2016

Nope. I'm in a blue jacket.

3. HoosierTeacher

HoosierTeacher New Member

Mar 4, 2016

Passed all subtests but the math. Any help on where and how to study for this, study prep materials, appreciated.

4. Andrew Cody

Andrew Cody Rookie

Mar 4, 2016

All I can really recommend for math is to use the study guide from the praxis two.

5. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 4, 2016

HoosierTeacher- is it math for elementary education?

6. Leslie E

Leslie E New Member

Mar 7, 2016

I wanted to know what did you use to study for the ss test. This is my last test to take because I passed the rest of the test. I am just stuck on the ss test which is very frustrating.

7. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 7, 2016

Leslie E., I have a study guide that I can send you. I just have math now to pass. Is there anything you could send me to help me out?

8. afoltz219

afoltz219 New Member

Mar 11, 2016

Hi guys! I took my reading test for P-12 grade and I thought I did wonderful. There were maybe two questions I did not know the answer to. My score was a 198. Very low. I have gotten a way better score before. Does anyone know who I can contact at Pearson to ask them about this test or the study material? I want an email and I want to speak with them about the test.

9. Natalya

Natalya New Member

Mar 11, 2016

Does anyone know how many questions you have to get correct to pass math?
    I know the score is 220, but I am wondering how many questions out of the 40.

10. Leslie E

Leslie E New Member

Mar 12, 2016

I had took different math course that helped me and I also used their study guide. I could send you the study guide if you like. Just send me a pm with your email address.

11. les12345

les12345 Rookie

Mar 13, 2016

I would love to know how you passed social studies and reading.. What did you use to study? did you just use the practice tests online? I know that I've heard looking up science generalist tests on quizlet is helpful.

12. les12345

les12345 Rookie

Mar 13, 2016

I am having a hard time passing these exams, I've taken all four at one. I then took Math and Science for the second time. I got a 195 on math and a 213 on science which was super close. I have been studying the practice tests part A and part B, which I felt was helpful but not passing these tests and having to wait a month to retake it again it really making me nervous since i am graduating soon. Any advice since I will be trying to pass theses tests next week? Social studies was my LOWEST score.

actingangel909 likes this.
  13. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 14, 2016

I have study guides. I got a 235 on S.S., a 220 on Reading, and a 227 on Science. I'm hoping to take math here soon.

actingangel909 likes this.
  14. les12345

les12345 Rookie

Mar 14, 2016

What type of study guides do you have for those tests? I need help.

15. jl56

jl56 New Member

Mar 14, 2016

I need help on science portion. Does anyone have anything that may help? seriously the struggle is realllllll

16. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 14, 2016

I can help. If you can figure out how to PM me then I can send you the study guides. They won't let me give out my email address on here though if it's not through a PM. :(

jl56 likes this.
  17. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 14, 2016

People, I sympathize with your frustration about Indiana's tests, but the site owner has good reason to discourage A to Z users from posting their email addresses on public posts. If you can't follow the rules, there may have to be consequences.

Here's the deal:

1. Very new members can't initiate PMs: forum software simply makes that impossible.

2. Members with a few more posts under their belts can initiate PMs, but they may need to enable the option. It should be possible to enable it by clicking on one's username in the upper right corner of the page; this opens a menu, and one item on the menu is "Private Messages". If that doesn't work, in the same place try either "Preferences" or "Contact Details". If the option doesn't say "Private Message", it might say "Conversations" or something similar.

3. After that, one way to send a private message is to click on the user's avatar or username on the left of that user's post, and then choose (at the top of the black menu that results) the option "Start a Conversation".

18. jl56

jl56 New Member

Mar 15, 2016

It won't give me the option to PM you..I think it's because i'm new..

19. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 15, 2016

Most likely, yes. Go find some threads to post in, please (but not Teacher Time Out).

20. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 16, 2016

jl56 If you want you can always look me up on Facebook if that works better. It's Amanda Hicks.

21. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 18, 2016

Has anyone taken and passed the Elementary Education Generalist Math subtest? If so, could you tell me what you remember seeing on it? I take it next Thursday and I am freaking out because I've always been pretty bad at math. Thanks in advance!

22. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

23. Michelle T

Michelle T Rookie

Mar 19, 2016

I would love any help with the Indiana Science, Health, PE exam. I took it today, thought I had most of the answers right, and the dreaded words NOT PASS were on the paper.

24. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 22, 2016

Michelle T., if you can contact me through facebook I can give you a copy of a study guide I have for Science.

25. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 22, 2016

Amanda Hicks, have you tried "starting a conversation" (=sending a PM) lately?

26. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 22, 2016

I've already tried finding a PM button on her account, and I'm not seeing it. Facebook is better for me anyways.

27. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 22, 2016

Ah, but Facebook might not be as good for someone else.

Humor me, kid: click on "TeacherGroupie" to the left of this post and tell me what text you see in white along the top of the window that results.

28. rlrtorr

rlrtorr Rookie

Mar 24, 2016

I have passed the English just this week still waiting on my scores, my first attempt I got a 143, second attempt 211, third time I passed. My Science I took the first time failed with a score of 211 and passed with 220 on my second try. I have failed the math 2 times and the social studies was by far my lowest score. This is for the Early childhood exams not the elementary.

Amanda, I have tried to find you on facebook and have sent messages to three who aren't you so far. LOL i'm going to just do some more posting here and try to send you a message through this site as I am trying to avoid FB.

29. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 24, 2016

Okay, I will try to figure the facebook thing out- it includes my middle name. I don't know if I will be of much help though because I've only taken the Elementary Tests.

30. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 24, 2016

rlrtorr, make just a few more posts and you should become eligible to send private messages - or, as this Xenforo software has it, to "start a conversation". Let me ask you to try clicking on Amanda's username to the left of one of her posts in this thread. A dark rectangular popup should, um, pop up, displaying Amanda's minimal avatar and some other information. Across the top of the box are several links in rather small white. One of them should be "Start a conversation". If it is, click it, and it will open up a private message to Amanda. If you don't see one, let me know, please.

31. Michelle T

Michelle T Rookie

Mar 24, 2016

Hi A. Hicks, Thank you for your generous spirit! These tests are so discouraging! I am not exactly sure how to contact you, though. Thanks again.

32. Amanda Hicks

Amanda Hicks Rookie

Mar 24, 2016

If you have a Facebook account then you can look under my information on this site and find me directly on facebook. From there I will be able to email you whatever you need. If you don't have facebook, I would ask teacher groupie how to private message me.

33. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 24, 2016

Michelle T, you may not quite be eligible to initiate a private message - or, as the XenForo software has it, "start a conversation". To see if you are, try following the procedure I outlined above to rlrtorr: click on Amanda Hicks's avatar or name at the left of one of her posts, and you should get the dark rectangular popup with Amanda Hicks's information, and if "Start a Conversation" appears in small white letters at the top of the popup, that's a link you can click on to open a private message to Amanda Hicks.

If you don't see that link (it's NOT a button), make a few more posts in the testing or education forums, then try again.

If that doesn't work, let me know, please.

34. rlrtorr

rlrtorr Rookie

Mar 24, 2016

There is nothing that says "start a conversation" when I click on it... maybe you can search me on FB I'm it's Becky Orr WGU is the college i attend if that helps, my picture is my husband and I in blue colts shirts at a colts game... fingers crossed... off to post more and browse here too.

35. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 25, 2016

Hm. Try again tomorrow, possibly after a couple more posts. Let me have you start by doing if you can "start a conversation" with me. Here's what I see when I click on your username (I've circled "Start a Conversation"):
    AtoZconvo.jpg

36. rlrtorr

rlrtorr Rookie

Mar 25, 2016

Nope all it says is Profile Page, Follow, Ignore that link is still not an option....

37. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 25, 2016

Hm. I would have expected that link to start surfacing by now, though the site owner might have moved that goalpost slightly when she installed the new system last year (and that's a delicate hint to keep posting and then retry).

Could I trouble you to use that procedure to go to my Profile Page? At the top of the profile page, you'll see three tabs; please click on the Information tab and tell me whether you see "Start a Conversation". If not, there's one other place I'll send you.

Thanks very much for your help. When something in the software doesn't work as expected, it's frustrating - but the more information I can give the site owner (who maintains this herself), the better able she will be to sort things out.

38. Ms.Roo4

Ms.Roo4 Guest

Mar 25, 2016

I have finally passed all the test for the elementary education license. I took the generalist test including the pedagogy. The test I struggled with the most was the math. I took it about 5 times, and I finally passed today. I am truly excited. I wanted to give some study tips I used for math.
    -Have Faith!
    -study the Process Indiana Standards.
    -study the Indiana State Standards
    -On the Indiana website, there are videos that you can watch of teachers teaching. This can give you an idea of best teacher practices.
    -YouTube questions, go to ixl, and use khan
    -study formulas study 6 and 7th grade math, algebra refreshers
    -Flag questions that you are not sure about and revisit.
    -Do not spend to long on a question
    -Read the the best teacher practice questions at the end of the test carefully. Of course it is only one answer but more than one seem correct. Narrow it down by looking for key words you studied from the standards.
    Good luck. I am currently a 1st grade teacher that was waiting to pass this test. SO happy I can keep job and move on!

39. Michelle T

Michelle T Rookie

Mar 26, 2016

Thank you for these tips. They are very helpful and encouraging.

40. Michelle T

Michelle T Rookie

Mar 26, 2016

Thanks for the info. I did try to message you on FB, but I might have messaged the wrong person. Ha.