Including evaluations when job seeking

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by heatherewf, Apr 20, 2015.

1. heatherewf

heatherewf Rookie

Apr 20, 2015

I am nearing the end of my first year full-time teaching. I will be looking at job options over the summer. This school year, I've had two formal evaluations and both were pretty good. My question is, do I include this information in my resume? Do I print out my evaluations and include them in my portfolio? Do I mention them in my cover letter/letter of interest? Thanks in advance!

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Apr 20, 2015

I put my evaluations in my portfolio. At one interview, the principal spent what seemed like several minutes looking at and analyzing my most recent evaluation. If they're good, I don't think it can hurt!

I probably wouldn't put them on your resume or mention them in your cover letter though.

4. heatherewf

heatherewf Rookie

Apr 22, 2015

Thanks for the input! So on my resume, under the job description for my current position, I shouldn't mention that I've had the formal state evaluations?

5. The Natural Log

The Natural Log Rookie

Apr 22, 2015

I would think that would be assumed.

6. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Apr 22, 2015

Agreed. The only way I would consider it is if you were putting your actual scores on your resume, they are stellar, and you really want to stand out. Otherwise, I don't think it's necessary.

7. StarsofTommorow

StarsofTommorow Companion

Apr 22, 2015

Yes include at least two of your best for math and reading in particularly. Or subject like art or science if those are not taught by you. I think a highlight or two from the comments would be great but primarily focus on job title at last school and essential skills like differentiation, formal assessments, collaboration, technology, etc.

8. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

May 20, 2015

Not in an application packet.