Inappropriate dress...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Sep 19, 2013.

1. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2013

I don't wear slips either. I hardly wear skirts as it is and those skirts that I do wear aren't flowy enough to poof out in the wind.

2. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2013

I love wearing skirts, and do so most days.

And, as you've probably guessed or already read, when I'm at work, my skirts are worn with a slip and pantyhose.

3. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2013

Sometimes the slip isn't because of the wind blowing the skirt up but the light shining through the skirt showing everyone the outline of what is under your skirt. Most unlined dresses and skirts are thin enough to show your body outline when the light hits.

4. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Sep 22, 2013

Ah, I see. I can't imagine not wearing hose with my dresses/skirts at work- I'd feel practically naked! :p

5. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2013

I don't know why, but I keep picturing you as a man. There is nothing you said in the past to indicate that, but when I saw your post it took a few minutes for me to process. :eek:

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 22, 2013

At the tutoring center where I work, much of the tutoring is done sitting side by side with a student on a comfy couch. There are various tables, a couple of offices, and small study rooms, too. I have seen some casual dresses and long flowy skirts, but mostly jeans and capris. My shoes are usually off while I tutor. The kids come in equestrian gear or shorts and tee shirts. Pantyhose? God forbid......

7. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Sep 22, 2013

:rofl:

8. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2013

As a shop teacher I wore jeans w/plaid shirt with spenders anytime we were doing work in the lab/shop (a la Red green) but when we were in the drafting room it was a dress shirt and few times a tie. I basically told my principal I was not going to damage my good casual or dress pants. I Always bought couple new pairs of "dress" jeans at the beginning of each semester.

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 22, 2013

Yeah, but did you wear a slip? That is the question.

10. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Sep 22, 2013

Do what? Where I work, Admin cannot tell you what to wear. If they tried, they would have a Union fight on their hands they don't want.

11. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Sep 23, 2013

The only slip I know is in Geology
    a. A smooth crack at which rock strata have moved on each other.
    b. A small fault.
    c. The relative displacement of formerly adjacent points on opposite sides of a fault.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 23, 2013

Really? They have absolutely no say over what teachers wear?

(Not being snarky, it's a real question. I'm in a private school with a dress code. The administration absolutely can and does tell us what to wear.)

13. Ted

Ted Habitué

Sep 23, 2013

I'm in a public school system, and while many of my colleagues wear jeans, shorts, etc... I can be darned sure that if any of my female colleagues wore spaghetti straps, or bare midriffs, our administrator would have something to say.

They don't necessarily tell us what to wear, but they do enforce what we should NOT wear.

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 23, 2013

The same here, Ted.

And I wouldn't tell on any coworkers who aren't following dress code either. I'm sure if you're aware of the problem so is admin.

15. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Sep 24, 2013

Women wear spaghetti straps (bra straps showing) that show off (although not on purpose) tattoos and major cleavage all the time. I've also seen teachers wear very sheer, tight and/or short outfits. Now, I have never seen a teacher try to wear a belly shirt ... :lol:

Once again, our Union is a "hindrance towards progress" according to our VP.:rolleyes: He also refers to them as "pit bulls" and I do agree with that.