In the spirit of Halloween... is your school haunted?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Backroads, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Oct 2, 2019

Apparently mine is. It seems a number of schools have their personal haunting lore. Does yours?

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 2, 2019

My current school, no, but I we often said that my previous one was. Although it was quite a new building, it was a rebuild of a school that had originally been located nearby in the 1800s. There were rumours that the site was an Indigenous burial ground, but I doubt that is the case. Doors that were firmly shut opened wide then closed again. Books were found moved from one room to another. Children's voices were heard when no one was in the area. To be honest, I miss it; they were happy ghosts.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 2, 2019

Nope but my college supposedly had a haunted dorm!

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Oct 2, 2019

None of mine have been, but the high school that was near-by when I was growing up had been devastated by a tornado, with students still inside, and I dated a boy from that school, not normally a believer, but he claimed that school was haunted, and he wasn't the only one from that district who claimed the same thing. Knowing what I did about the tornado, I was an easy sell. :astonished:

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 2, 2019

I’ve never heard anything from our current building, but our old one was creepy at night. Not sure about haunted. A coworker has some good creepy ghost stories from her previous school.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 3, 2019

The last school I worked at moved into a new building a few months before I started there so I never went into their old building but I heard that people thought it was haunted.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 11, 2019

I should revive my (general) haunted thread. At one of the last schools where I worked, two custodians who worked the night shift have told me the school is haunted. The school was built in the 1920s or 30s. One custodian said a child died in one of the students' bathrooms (don't know how) & he's been in/near there & heard someone say HELLO. He said he keeps the radio on to keep him company. The other custodian says it's haunted & has heard talking in her ear.

I can believe it because the school is old. I'm so glad I haven't had any experiences there & I was there for two years.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  9. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Oct 11, 2019

We're in a new building now (and not in the exact same site as the old building), but people used to swear the "dungeon" (rarely used basement) was haunted in our previous school. I'm sure it's more that it was just creepy/dirty down there, but I never felt the need to go check it out!

10. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Oct 11, 2019

I don't believe in that stuff, but our custodian used to love to catch me working late at night ( I haven't done that in years.) He'd sneak up on me and yell, "Boo!" I am normally super mellow, but it would startle me so bad, I'd scream really loud!
    Oh, and he'd laugh like a goon!

11. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Oct 11, 2019

Does it count if we think our schools are haunted by the spirits of some of our worst students - ever? No, they're not deceased, but it sometimes seems that they left some residual "energy" that has clung to the walls, like bad karma, which kind of recreates the same poor actions in those who follow in their foot steps. Happy Halloween Season! :smilingimp:

Backroads likes this.
  12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 15, 2019

That reminds me of the ceramic urn that they used to sell that said "Ashes of Problem Students". I saw them years ago but now you probably couldn't get away with putting that on your desk!!