In Love with My Feet

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by funshine2381, Sep 6, 2010.

1. funshine2381

funshine2381 Companion

Sep 6, 2010

I was upset that I lost my big toe nail, but now I'm a little happier. The toe nail healed and grew a little bit, just long enough to be able to have a fake toe nail glued onto it. The lady did such a good job that you can't even tell that it's fake....or that it looks horrible underneath the pretty red polish! I thought I would never be able to show my bare feet in sandals or flip flops again. For those of you with missing toe nails, it will be ok....just get a fake one! :haha:

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Sep 6, 2010

Will you nail not grow back? I lost my nail on my middle toe and it did grow back.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2010

That's great!! I lost my nail on my second toe. It's starting to grow back.

5. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Sep 6, 2010

I could not believe it when I heard that salons were doing acrylic toenails, but they look great! I tries some glue-on, but they popped off after a few hours!

6. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2010

Well, I don't have a toenail on the second toe, so maybe I'll try that. Usually I just don't pay any attention to it anymore.

7. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Sep 7, 2010

I lost the toenail on my big toe.....twice. Both times i dropped something on it.

After two years of no nail it finally grew back in. It's not the same as it was pre-injury, but it works.

8. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Sep 9, 2010

After I lost a toenail due to an injury, and it was taking forever to grow back, I just put the polish on the skin where the nail should have been and it really didn't look bad at all! I had kept a bandaide over it and got tired of that, so tried the polish and it looked OK!
    The nail did finally grow back with no ill effects (should that be affects?) from the polish.