in ear headphonces

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Tasha, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 2, 2012

Anyone have really nice in ear headphones? I am considering buying some for my husband for a gift and am looking at the Bose MIE2 :lol.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 2, 2012

I definitely prefer the Skullcandy brand. They aren't high end like Bose, but I think the sound quality is very good. More importantly for me, they fit in my ears. Evidently I have tiny ears, because most buds won't fit, and that includes the basic Apple buds that come with every iPod and iPhone. It's taken me a long time to find a good pair that fits, and I'm exceedingly happy with my Skullcandies. I wouldn't spend more than $50-80 on a pair of buds because it's so easy to lose/damage them, so I probably wouldn't ever by Bose.

4. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 2, 2012

I was hoping someone would say they were amazing and worth it :rolleyes: I think DH said the skullcandy were too little and fell out. I'll try to do some recon later ;)

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 2, 2012

My ex-husband had some really great ones. He used them when he performed, but they also worked as regular headphones. He had both Shure and Sennheiser.

One of them was specially molded to his ear, so I never used those. The others just had different size covers, so I did use those a few times. They were really, really great.

His setup was several thousand dollars, but I know that Sennheiser makes personal headphones, too. Not sure about Shure, though.

7. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2012

I have Shure. They were $199 and worth every penny. I listen to a lot of opera and they are amazing for that. I think they are slightly better than the Bose. They come with a good fit kit.

I just have to remember to keep them away from bird beaks. They come with a little plastic case, so there isn't any reason to fear damage if you take care of them.

8. MikeTeachesMath

MikeTeachesMath Devotee

Aug 3, 2012

My $150 pair of Sennheiser headphones lasted about a year and I only used them for composing, while my $6 pair of Panasonic headphones have lasted almost two :dizzy:.

9. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Aug 3, 2012

I bought some for my husband, but I can't remember the brand. He loves them and they have lasted over 2 years. I remember they were pretty pricey ... I'll try to remember to ask him.

My husband, who is a bit of an electronics geek, doesn't like Bose.

10. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Aug 3, 2012