In doubt

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by em7551, Jul 24, 2007.

1. em7551

em7551 Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Just took the three science tests on Saturday, with the Physics subtest. Unfortunately, I didn't finish the second constructed response on the Physics exam, even though I knew exactly what to do. Very bummed. Got about halfway through, though I did manage to line up the important equations and proceed partway through. It seems there should be more time for these exams, since I worked non-stop and still came up short. Anyone else have time problems when taking three tests? Anyone know how these are graded, in principle? Ugh!!! The sad thing is, if I had had just 10 more minutes, I would have been fine.

3. innovationguy

innovationguy Cohort

Jul 24, 2007

I'm sorry but I fail to follow the ratiocination here!

As a general matter, a chap that knows his/her stuff ought to have enough time to do reasonably well to Pass all the Subtests constituting the Single Subject.

Methinks, you did fine anyway. [Of course, I base it upon little evidence (?!) but like the inimitable Mr. Stephen Colbert, I speak from the gut!]

Jay.
    http://innovationguy.easyjournal.com

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 24, 2007

I knew that time would be a factor going into my Praxis II. I raced through that exam and didn't even take time to sharpen my pencil when it was dull--and I still barely finished.

I agree with you that they need to make those tests a little bit longer. It's like they have them timed out for a strictly multiple choice format, not an essay format.

I'm sure you did fine.

5. em7551

em7551 Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Thanks. But if I had to do it again (and I might), I would work on the constructed response problems first, then move as quickly as possible through the multiple choice. Any idea on the relative value of the sections? Of course, I'm in California, where are you?

6. innovationguy

innovationguy Cohort

Jul 24, 2007