In Case of Emergency

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aliceacc, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 10, 2011

This morning's little scare had me thinking (not always good thing, I realize.)

We tend to be online at fairly regular times. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for some of us to exchange personal info with another member who tends to be online at about the same times we are.

Just in the one in a million chance that one of us had a crisis while online, someone could get us help.

I thought I would start a thread with us listing a contact member.

I sent my personal info to Mrs. C this morning, and I have hers. If anyone else who tends to follow the same time patterns as me wants to PM the info, feel free.

(I promise: I'll put it into a word document, and never, ever use it, unless there seems to be an emergency. And if so, I promise: my first reaction would be to call the nuimber(s) you've provided. )

Anyone else want to list a contact person?

3. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Apr 10, 2011

Good idea, I'll PM you mine.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 10, 2011

As I said this morning, this is a great idea, Alice.

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 10, 2011

There's quite a number of people here who have my contact information and who's information I have. I've actually had opportunity to "check in" with some of those people for various reasons. Of course, if anybody else wants to exchange contact info, feel free to pm me :).

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 10, 2011

I know STG has my personal email and several others can find me via FB. If that doesn't work, track down new member Moe Antoinette. She's a RL friend.

If there's anyone in Central Ohio who wants an emergency contact a little closer, I'm happy to arrange that, especially over some Jeni's Ice Cream.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 10, 2011

I have mm's number and cat's, Jaime's, Alice's, and chebrutta's emails addresses. If I have your email address, I could email you my contact number.

8. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Apr 10, 2011

This is a great idea. I am on another forum and a member was very depressed and one day just disappeared after posting a suicide threat. We had no way to find her and she never posted again. I am FB friends with stg, jamie, jem, and several others. Anybody on my FB with the same last name as me is a relative and could get in touch with me but I will PM Alice my info.

9. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Apr 10, 2011

We did this at work last year. Even though we work together every day, we were surprised at how much we didn't know about each other. We have had a few situations where someone got ill at work, and nobody knew any contact information. After that, we filled out medical information sheets with contact information and any medical information that we thought might be needed in an emergency.

I'm FB friends with several people on here, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have another contact either.

10. KDS

KDS Companion

Apr 10, 2011

i have a tendency to be a lurker here...but i like the idea of exchanging some information with other folks.

anyone want to post their FB or Twitter name?

Twitter: @kdstubblefield
    FB: K Dawn Diaz Stubblefield

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Apr 10, 2011

Here I am on Facebook. If anyone sends me a friend request, just make sure to put a note that you're from here so I don't decline you thinking I don't know you. If we have common friends, I'll recognize you that way, too.

I do have a Twitter account, but I just follow celebrities. I don't post.

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 10, 2011

FB: Katie Uppman- feel free to friend as others have said-just let me know who you are.

My official ICE members are Peachyness and JustMe, although I just did an A-Z FB roll call and there are about 15 others that are friends on there as well. Anyone on FB can access my phone number. Dh is constantly posting on my FB wall and can be accessed as well.

Oh, and TeacherShelly. We're real-life friends as well, although she's not on here as much.