In All Likelihood...What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Newteach31, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Newteach31

Newteach31 Rookie

Jul 13, 2013

I posted this on another forum, but since I am about to drive myself crazy worrying about this, I would really like a few more opinions.

About a week ago, I got a phone call from a principal at a school that I subbed and student taught at this year. She asked me to come and talk to her about a position that she had. I love this school. It's my dream position and in the same grade that I student taught so I was very excited! I got there and she said that she would love to have me there and that she felt like I really had what they were looking for. As a result she said that she thought she had a spot for me as a teacher at the school, but that she was hesitant to promise me a job because there had been a discrepancy between the school and the board about a position that she had already made a recomendation to fill. The result was that the superintendent intended to move the unit to another school and the school staff was unaware. I told her that I understood but that I would be honored to be a teacher there and that it was my first choice to teach at that school. She then told me that it was standard that everyone hired speak with the asst. superintendent before being hired so she called and had me go interview with the asst, superintendent which went well and resulted in her stating that if I was the recomendation she would fully support me. Fast forward a week later and I get a phone call from the principal stating that I am the recomendation for the job and that my name had been forwarded to the superintendent to be placed on the board agenda earlier in the week and that she felt like everything would be fine. It is important to note that the position that I would be filling is not an overage unit (an extra unit based on student numbers, which was the case with the spot that there was a problem with) but a unit that is necessary for the school to fill. There are 4 teachers per grade level and this is one of the four positions in one grade level.

Does this sound promising?

If you have any extra prayers. Please send them this way that this goes through. This would be my dream position. Thanks!

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jul 13, 2013

It sounds to me like you already have the job, and the rest is just a formality. Congrats!

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2013

It sounds like you have a job! Just be patient until the contract comes!!

5. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2013

Generally, the Board votes on all the new teacher recommendations as a group, and it is just a formality. Try not to stress...easier said than done! When is the Board meeting!

And, welcome to our Boards!

6. Newteach31

Newteach31 Rookie

Jul 13, 2013

Thanks for your quick replies! The meeting is on the 22nd of this month. Trying to be patient but its so hard!

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 13, 2013

Sounds like you have a job!

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2013

Sounds like you have a job to me, but until you get it in writing, I'd still look around (just in case). Can't wait to add you to the jobs list!!!

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2013

I agree with the others: sounds like you've got a job!

Keep us posted.

10. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 13, 2013

I agree...sounds very promising :)

11. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2013

Sounds more than promising! Congrats on getting your dream job!

12. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Jul 14, 2013

Yup, they've sent the recommendation to the board so I definitely say it's yours!!!

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 14, 2013

Sounds incredibly promising. I'm hoping you'll stick around on this forum after the 23rd to share your experiences and collaborate on new ideas.

14. Newteach31

Newteach31 Rookie

Jul 14, 2013

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input! I'm definitely hoping to get to participate some more here! Ill let y'all know what happens!

15. Mrs.Giggles

Mrs.Giggles Companion

Jul 14, 2013

It sounds like you have the job to me! Hires are not "official" in my district until it goes to the Board. However, this is purely just a formality.

Congratulations!

16. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 15, 2013

Congratulations are in order. I found the approval by the board thing confusing my first year too, but you're IN!

17. Newteach31

Newteach31 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013

Update!

Today, I got a phone call from the board office letting me know that they were calling me because I am the recommendation for the position and as per normal protocol they wanted to set up a meeting with the Superintendent. She said that its standard and that he does this for every recommendation just to "get to know" people. Only about 30 minutes. Anybody have any idea what he might ask? Or talk about? Getting harder to contain my excitement!

18. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 15, 2013

It can vary- I've had them re-ask me regular interview questions and I've had them ask me questions about how I would influence the community. I was not the final candidate either time, so I'm probably not the best to ask!

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2013

Awesome!! He might ask some general interview questions that you've answered before. Or it could be where he just introduces himself and tells you a little about the district.

20. Newteach31

Newteach31 Rookie

Jul 17, 2013

Update!!!!!

Met with the superintendent today! He asked me basic questions just about myself and technology. He talked about new teacher orientation and why he wanted to meet me. He said that he try's to meet everyone before they are recommended for a position because he's the one who is recommending me. He then invited me to the board meeting! They moved it so now I have to wait until the 30th! He said normally they approve and then just meet the new teachers to put a face with a name! Ahhhh! I'm still trying to keep my hopes down because I'm just a worrier and since I have to wait for board approval...I have a pathological fear of something going wrong!