In about a week this will be funny.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TeachingHistory, Jun 6, 2012.

1. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Jun 6, 2012

My cousin and I (we have the same last name) applied for two different positions in the same district. Today, we both got called for interviews. She got called for HS English (which she is certified for) but the secretary was looking under the social studies list for her name.

I got called for HS English, and the secretary let me know that since I was duel certified I wouldn't be teaching just English, and I would "have" to teach another subject. (I'm guessing SS, which is my primary cert., English and math are added on).

I know the secretary is basically given a list of people to call (and there were a LOT of openings at this school) so its not a hard mistake to make when we have the same name (and partially the same certification)

I know, not really a big deal since I'm certified in both. I just want to make sure I'm interviewing with the right people! :rolleyes: I'm calling tomorrow to clarify which two subject areas they were looking for (and who I'm interviewing with because I totally forgot to ask)

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jun 6, 2012

My friend and I both interviewed for the same job, I got a call back so texted her to see if she did too...she had a message but was at work- when she checked it, they were asking her to come in for the screening for art rather than the 2nd round library...when she called to ask them if they meant 2nd round library, she found out they had called the wrong person :(

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 8, 2012

TeachingHistory---good luck! It would definitely not be to difficult for them to make a mistake. I agree with calling to confirm.

5. TeachingHistory

Jun 8, 2012

I called and asked yesterday. I was told to tell them what I would prefer when I get to the interview. I guess they have a several positions to fill. All of my materials (and experience) make it painfully obvious that Social Studies is my strength, so even if I wouldn't tell them, I think they'd figure it out.....haha.

And something for a laugh (I thought it was funny anyways)
    When I originally thought I was being called in for an HS English position, I told my sister my (pretend) answer to "Why should we hire you over someone with a degree in English?" was "Well, what possessed you to call a history teacher for an English position?"

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 8, 2012

When is your interview?

I'm glad you called and found out. It's definitely nice to know that they have quite a few positions.

7. TeachingHistory

Jun 8, 2012

Bright and early Monday morning (8AM) I have to be at work at 930 and can't leave THOSE kids stranded...

At least its a local district. First interview I've had thats under a 45 minute drive.

8. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 8, 2012

Wow! Good luck!

9. TeachingHistory

Jun 8, 2012

Thanks! Its the kind of school I want to work at so hopefully something will work out.