Important week

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Pi-R-Squared, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2016

I guess this week could be considered a make or break week.... The school that interviewed me last week should be making a decision very shortly.... The one that is closer may have already called to set up interviews last Thursday and I might have missed out. That would be upsetting since I had an inside person giving my name to principals. Of course, the superintendent chooses who to interview so who knows how much influence the P's really have. I was chosen by the super to interview at one school and that position went to my friend.... So who really knows if I will get another interview in the same system.

I woke up early in anticipation of phone calls from anyone anywhere and so far nada..... I'll be getting on sub lists soon if nothing pans out..... I'm feeling numb just waiting for something to happen.

3. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 18, 2016

Good luck...I'm on my way to an interview now. I hope you can find a position that doesn't have the word sub in front of it :)

4. Teachertimes

Teachertimes Rookie

Jul 18, 2016

Good luck!!

5. pommom

pommom Comrade

Jul 18, 2016

I know it's hard not to, but don't loose out hope yet. At least around here, school doesn't start until another month. There is still time plenty of time. It is a good sign that you guys are getting interviews.

6. atobeteacher

atobeteacher Rookie

Jul 18, 2016

Good luck!

7. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2016

No calls so far this morning. It's not going well and time is running out. :(

8. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 19, 2016

I'm right there with ya. Hope something pops for ya.

9. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2016

Just remember that anything can happen - all the way up to the last minute! I was hired, after being quite dejected after another tough summer of no luck, the Friday before the teachers reported, and then had to move that weekend. Don't lose hope!

DHE likes this.
  10. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 19, 2016

We all understand how you feel. It's the worst feeling. I'm feeling like that right now too. It makes me physically and mentally tired. We are all here for you! Good luck to you!

11. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2016

Monday and Tuesday has come and gone with nary a whimper... No call with an offer..... No call for an interview...... I guess I can go to tomorrow's board meeting to find out who got hired for the position. Maybe they didn't hire anyone and will interview after the meeting? Nobody knows and this waiting around stuff really is getting to me..... I didn't think the competition for math teacher jobs would be so fierce! I'm literally the last one of those I know that were non-renewed who doesn't have either a job offer to accept or a job!!! Consider that there are newbie graduates and those also hoping to get back in, maybe I shouldn't be surprised!!! This summer has really sucked.....

12. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2016

Keep your head up and keep pushing forward! (Besides, you never know what still might come from those two jobs!)

13. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2016

Went to the board meeting. They filled the position with a transfer. Not sure if that creates an opening because I think I heard the board say they hired a math teacher to replace the transfer. This "important week" has been a disaster.

14. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2016

Follow up (if you want) with them, brush it off, apply for more positions...keep your head up! Something will come around. Sorry about the frustrations in the meanwhile, though :/