I'm Such a Teacher!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by cutNglue, Sep 25, 2011.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 25, 2011

I was planning and hosting a birthday party for someone this weekend and had to laugh because the stuff I learned as a teacher was obviously in play. Basically I wrote a 6 page lesson plan for an adult birthday party. It included objectives, materials, procedures and resources. I also wrote an "Agenda" for the party on a big index card.

Recently I went to see a Chaplin and the Chaplin smiled and commented that my bringing documentation was something very teacher-like of me. (Don't worry, life is good).

I know how we talk to others is affected by our time in the profession and that comes up in threads occasionally. What about actions? Anything teacher-like you've done in your personal life lately?

3. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 25, 2011

I had a guy tell me I was "icy" and I told him if he was going to say that, then he needed to also provide specific examples of behaviors I have displayed that show that I am icy.

He did not have his documentation organized and up to date.

4. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Sep 26, 2011

Ha! Good one.

I used to find myself using my "teacher voice" on my husband and family when I came home! OOohNooooo! Did not go over well.

I think my problem is more that my personal persona is spilling over into my teaching - laid back, easygoing, everything will work out . . . .

5. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 26, 2011

Cute. :)

I sometimes use my teacher voice with my husband on accident. I'll say his name in that drawn-out warning way and he snaps, "I am not one your students". He also points out when I "scold" him with a "That's not okay" comment.

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 26, 2011

I say "that is NOT ok" to my husband too, and my toddlers are already benefitting from my teacher-ness ;) The kids toys are organized fairly close to what my toddler room looked like too.