I'm ..... so............. exhausted.......

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Unbeknownst, Aug 26, 2010.

1. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2010

I keep falling asleep in my son's bed when I'm reading him his bedtime story. The other night he said, "Mom, why does your voice keep getting all mumbly?" I was trying to read him just one chapter out of a Magic Schoolbus book and I kept reading the same lines over and over again and falling asleep.

2. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2010

I fell asleep on the couch last night somewhere between 8 and 9. I was trying to watch the baseball game, but that didn't happen...

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2010

Today was my first 10 hour day... as opposed to the 12 and 13 hour days I've been doing. And I was lazy and skipped the gym.

I'm shooting for 8 tonight. Sleep sounds fantastic right about now :lol:

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 1, 2010

Kids aren't back until Tuesday, but I'm beyond tired--running on about 4 hours sleep/night for the past 5. My husband has a cold (actually, I think it's allergies, but that would be weak), and has been snoring loudly enough to be heard throughout the entire house. I've spent the past 2 nights on the couch, after tossing and turning for over an hour after been woken after 2 hours of sleep--it was either the couch or homicide.:lol:

I hope he's better by next week, or I may sleep at school!

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2010

It's exhausting what we do. And it never ends. I try not to do too much school related things when I get home (of course there is some grading to do occasionally, and planning every Sunday), but even then I am always thinking about what still needs to be done (like typing out instructions to our science project, for example).

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 1, 2010

I would just like to note that it is 8PM. Lunch is made. Coffee pot set up. Bag packed. Clothes laid out. I'm in my PJs, about to crawl into bed.

My next door neighbor has decided that this is an excellent time to weed-whack. Despite the fact that it is already dark.

7. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2010

Oh, I am soooo in the same place! Homicide seems tempting but there would be a terrible mess to clean up and I'm too tired for that.

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2010

Not to mention the fact that, since I'm the only other person in the house at the moment, everyone would know it was me!

9. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Sep 2, 2010

I am kinda in the same boat as past two posters, except I am the one with the allergies. I cannot get to sleep. Orientation is tomorrow and I am soooo exhausted! I have had 12-13 hour days every day this week. On top of coming home, cooking dinner, and getting my kiddos in bed with clean teeth and pajamas. Yep, happy it is a three day weekend, for sure! :yawn:

10. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 3, 2010

Today completes our 2nd full week.

I went to bed at 7:30 last night, was asleep by 7:50 according to my husband.

I'm taking a class that meets 2 nights a week at a university that is an hour commute round trip ... that was a really tough drive yesterday, hard to stay awake. I started repeating with NPR to stay awake.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 3, 2010

Full day of health and safety compliance training (yawn) in a sweltering gym really drained me. I was in bed by 8:30 last night with a brutal headache and our kids haven't started yet!