I'm officially going crazy...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissJill, Jul 22, 2011.

1. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

I had a dream last night that I got whiteboard in my room. This is starting to be pathetic that I'm dreaming about whiteboards!! LOL

I think it's time for school to start.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 22, 2011

Wow, yes you need to go back to school.

4. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

It's sad that I want to go back so soon, we don't even start until Sept. 6th.

5. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2011

When I first started teaching I spent every waking second of that summer preparing and counting down. I understand your excitement. :)

6. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

This is my 3rd year in the same room, I'm still very excited. I know I won't have whiteboards (our budget never passes) but maybe I can do something to make whiteboards once I get to know my principal a little bit better.

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 22, 2011

Haha! Well, I think we teachers do have funny dreams like that. Teaching is in our blood.

I am so excited that I will have a computer in my room next year! :)

8. Hitchcock fan

Hitchcock fan Companion

Jul 22, 2011

You need to focus on enjoying the last several weeks of your summer! Some of us have to report to work within the week.

9. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Jul 22, 2011

I had a dream that I had to have a one year old in my class. The kid was just learning to walk. My P told me I would either take him in my class or find another job.

Now I'm the one who is officially going crazy.

10. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

:lol That's bad VANewbie.

I think of school as my escape though. Very rough summer in this house (sister had twins in May, parents are going nuts, and I really just want to go back up to my apartment and be alone, but I feel like my family needs me).

11. The Fonz

The Fonz Math teacher (for now...)

Jul 22, 2011

you can make whiteboards rather cheaply...that's actually how i got white boards in my room.

I actually forget what it's called, but it's a hard cardboard type material that's finished on one side with a white plastic type paint...the maintence man at our school got a bunch of them rather cheaply (like in the 10 dollar range) and then removed the wooden boarder on the board and glued the board onto it and place the boarder back on top of it...looks and works great.

12. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 22, 2011

You can go to your home improvement store and get shower board (I used it to make student sized whiteboards). Sometimes you can even get them to cut it the sizes you want! :)

13. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

Yeah I'm definitely looking into that, but I know I'll have to ruin the chalkboards to do it. That's why I'm a little weary to ask the new principal. I know it would be beneficial. I have had so many students complain about not being able to see and it's because the chalkboards are so old and dark. You can barely see the chalk on them. My superintendent/principal complained about them and told me to request whiteboards, but I definitely don't think I'll get them because that was October and now she is gone.

14. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 22, 2011

Our school used a stick on sheet to cover the blackboards. I'm not sure where they got it, but it works relatively well. The only problem I've had is that there are a few small holes where kids maybe picked at the air bubbles?!?

15. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

I found that stuff online too, but it's rather expensive. For one board it would be $200 and I would need someone to help me do it to get it perfect.