I'm new

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by jojo, Jan 17, 2005.

1. jojo

jojo New Member

Jan 17, 2005

Help I need some advice.

I am a career changer. I am 34, and I have always wanted to be a teacher. Well, to make a long story short, I am a Network System Administrator. My husband is military, and we were moved to FL, where I can not find a good job working in Networking. So I have decided to change careers to teaching, which I was planning to do once he retired. My degree is not in teaching, since it was not offered at the college I was enrolled in at our last base. I do have a BS, and I have passed the certification exam for Elementary ED K-6, and all my paperwork is in the system, and I also understand that in FL I can teach with a temporary certificate for 3 years while taking the classes I need to complete my degree. But, I need some help/advice, I have no clue what I am doing. I have submitted all my paperwork to the Board of Education, and now they are asking me to submit my resume and cover letter? What do I put? They are also planning on putting me in this interview process with a group of principals next month, where I will need to be prepared on how I will incorporate the FCAT test prep in my lesson plan -- which by the way, I really have no clue what they look like - (Lesson plans). If you have any information on anything that may help me I would really appreciate it. Websites I can visit -- anything.

3. Maxine

Maxine Companion

Jan 22, 2005