I'm looking for a teacher or teacher aide to "interview"

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by StarSearcher, Feb 24, 2012.

1. StarSearcher

StarSearcher New Member

Feb 24, 2012

I am working on an assignment which requires me to do a brief interview with a teacher or a teacher aid. There are only 5 questions I need to ask. Here they are:

1. What are some examples of typical, quick decisions teachers make on a daily basis?
    2. What were the five most difficult school-related decisions you made this week? What made them difficult?
    3. What was the affect of those decisions on the classroom environment? Were the decisions effective?
    4. How do you handle a situation where several students need your attention?
    5. What is an effective way to place teacher-student boundaries?

Any takes? I would really appreciate this.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2012

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2012

FYI, this is my26th year teaching. I teach high school math. Best wishes!

5. StarSearcher

StarSearcher New Member

Feb 24, 2012

Thank you Aliceacc!

Your answers were really helpful!

6. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Feb 26, 2012

1. What are some examples of typical, quick decisions teachers make on a daily basis? TECHNOLOGY IS DOWN, AND YOUR OBSERVATION STARTS IN 5 MIN WHICH IS TECHNOLOGY BASED, WHAT DO YOU DO?
    2. What were the five most difficult school-related decisions you made this week? What made them difficult? MOST REVOLVE AROUND OUR NEW DISTRICT H.I.B. POLICIES, DO I REPORT IT OR DO I NOT REPORT IT?
    3. What was the affect of those decisions on the classroom environment? Were the decisions effective? BY THE END OF THE DAY, THE STUDENTS INVOLVED WERE BEST OF FRIENDS!
    4. How do you handle a situation where several students need your attention?
    5. What is an effective way to place teacher-student boundaries? CLASS RULES EARLY IN THE YEAR, WITH ROLE-PLAYING