I'm looking for a new cell phone from AT & T

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Apr 29, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Apr 29, 2009

Does anyone have one of the newer phones that you like? What is the name so I can look it up and read reviews? Thank you.

I'm thinking about the Samsung Eternity but I'm willing to check out any type except the kind that slides. I don't care for that style.

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 29, 2009

iphone :)

4. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Apr 29, 2009

I know those are nice but I'm not going to pay the extra data charge they make you pay each month!

5. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Apr 29, 2009

blackjack 2 is nice...you can opt out of data plan

6. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

Apr 29, 2009

I have the eternity....just got it this month....I really liked it!

7. UCLACareerChngr

UCLACareerChngr Comrade

Apr 29, 2009

if you like the iphone you can get the lg vu. I wasn't sure about it but I kind of like it...full touch screen and the keyboard can be phone style or full keyboard style...although, to use the keyboard you'll want to use a stylus or fingernails...using fingers sometimes is more difficult. I was worried my wife wouldn't like it but she really enjoys it too...

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Apr 29, 2009

I have the eternity also. I really like it. Unlimited internet is only $15 a month and you don't have to have it. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

9. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Apr 29, 2009

I'm rather fond of my blackberry.

10. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Apr 29, 2009

:agreed:

11. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Apr 29, 2009

I spent 3 hours one sunday looking for an playing with phones in the store (a real store not a kiosk with display non-phones) For what i wanted it was either going to be the iphone or the blackberry bold. I did go in looking at two completely different phones... The samsung impression and the LG xenon - which were not bad, but my SO and I are geeky and they turned out to not be what I was looking for.

I came out with the iphone (SO has one already) and I'm really happy with it. I dont do work things on it so i did not the the windows mobile that blackberry has.

I really recommend going in and PLAYING with all the phones. I'm very happy with my iphone and soon it will have more features ( like cut/paste, horizontal keyboard, and notifications for AIM i believe ) I liked the blackberries because they had real keyboards, but the screens were too small for me. I liked the impression because it was both touchscreen and a keyboard but the touch screen isn't very sensitive. (which can be a good thing at times) Its all about how you use it. I check email all the time, I'm on twitter, and facebook and myspace and text more than i will ever talk on the phone. Apple did a really good job on their spell check and correction while you're typing. I hardly ever have to go back and correct things manually.
    They now have protection plans for the iphone and apple will usually replace it anyway if it is broken.

12. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Apr 29, 2009

Sorry to hijack the thread for a minute, but out of curiosity, what do those of you with iPhones pay/month? Are you on your own plan or a family plan? My fiance and I are paying a LOT right now, it seems, for basically nothing (I have a basic Nokia phone, he has the LJ Vu with Internet but not much else). I don't want to be paying that much for cell phone but if we do keep paying that much, I'd rather have a more fun phone to play with!

13. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Apr 29, 2009

we pay... 60 for the two phones for 550 minutes, i almost never use the minutes they are mostly for his job. 60 for data unlimited (30 for each phone) and 30 for text unlmited (family) so 150 before taxes with two iphones...
    BEFORE i upgraded it was 60 for the phones, 30 for his data 20 for his txt and 15 for my data and text so... 125 before taxes (ended up being 141 after)

We do not use the phone much at all its mostly text and data - he uses his phone for work which includes email.

14. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Apr 29, 2009

My husband has the eternity and I like how it looks and it's easy to use too! :)

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 29, 2009

TennisPlayer, in June, I too, will be upgrading & getting a new phone. I'm w/ AT&T too. My only requests are that it's NOT a flip or sliding type & I'd like a built-in camera (like I have now) & built-in Bluetooth. I don't need texting capabilities.

I'll have to look into that Eternity. I don't want to pay an arm & a leg.

16. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Apr 29, 2009

Go VERIZON instead! Wouldn't you RATHER have the whole pack of the village people behind you?!?:D:):lol:;)
    Just messing with you,
    Rebel1

17. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 29, 2009

I had to leave AT and T because I could not get coverage. And, I had so much trouble finding a phone that was just a phone. I am not interested in all the extras and finally bought a used phone.