im just starting my career

Discussion in 'General Education' started by scooby, Aug 25, 2007.

1. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

hello all my name is jeff and studying to be a teacher hopefully ill get there any tips any one can throw:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2007

What kind of tips are you looking for?

Welcome and good luck with your teacher prep program!!

4. Bitsy Griffin

Bitsy Griffin Companion

Aug 25, 2007

Hey Scooby! Welcome. Keep a notebook by the computer. You'll find tips in virtually every thread here ;)

5. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

czaccza

just how to be a good teacher i mean this is some thing i always wanted to do and i just dont want screw up:unsure:

6. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

thanks bitsy i start college again on monday

7. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

right now im doing nurses aide and i hate it

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2007

I think if you have passion for what you do, stay motivated to learning something new everyday, and love the learning process then y ou're off to a great start. Methods and Materials classes are especiallyhelpful, make sure yu get some good training in behavior management as well. :haha:

9. lwteacher

lwteacher Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

My suggestions are to take advantage of on-line lesson plans and ideas. Borrow any and ALL colleagues lessons that they are willing to share. Don't try to correct every single paper, but at the same time, if you assign it, make it meaningful. Don't try to do or try everything your first year, just try to do the best you can to stay afloat. Remember that if you have a crummy year this year, next year is a brand new slate. Remember that if you have a good year this year, not to get complacent, because every class is different. As much as you can, leave your job at school and enjoy your downtime at home. Get to know your students individually and make comments to them based on that knowledge. Don't let them see you sweat, but if you make a mistake, admit it or they will nail you for lying. Before you throttle a kid for asking how to do something that you have already explained three times, take a deep breath and know that that child really does need the help. It's okay to walk away for a minute to get your composure if you need to...
    Oh I am full of little anecdotes. Hope some help!!
    :lol:

10. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

i love your advise i can stay focus to be a good teacher as you and the rest of yous;)

11. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

i gonna try my hardest to finish school it was always in special ed i consider this my biggest challenge this something i always wanted to do :2up:

12. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 25, 2007

You've been given great advice thus far.... and this is a great place to learn more. What grade level are you most interested in working with.

My best advice is to learn, learn, and learn some more. I think what separates a good teacher from an ok teacher is the ability to bring life experience into the classroom, so make connections between things and make them relevant to your students.

Have you ever volunteered or worked with children in a school setting at all? If not, give it a shot.

Good luck to you.

13. scooby

scooby Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

miss frizle

iam thinking about teaching third grade i have not begun my field work but im really looking forward to thanks for the luck:angel: